Notifications
Clear all

Hello, new member here!

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@faxmebeer)
Topic starter

Good (very early) morning. I've been hanging around Guitar Noise for a few weeks now, trying to feel my way out, and actually just realized that there was a discussion forum (my attention to detail is amazing). It's a great site, and I'm glad to see there's a community built up here. Ummm, sometimes people are interested in what you are working with, so: I've got a Peavey Predetor Plus electric guitar (I've got no idea if that's "good", but I like it) and a Yamaha keyboard that I'm learning to play as well. I don't have an amp of any kind, and I'm using picks made by a tire manufacturer, I think. I've also got a set of golf clubs that make a surprisingly nice sound as they whistle through the air.

Thanks for letting me hang out!

Posted : 22/07/2006 5:35 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN FaxMeBeer! :D

Hope to see you around the boards. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 22/07/2006 2:09 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, FMB! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Are you from KC, Kansas or KC, Missouri? I can totally relate to the golf clubs, too! There's nothing quite like the sound when you hit that sweet spot and you get that perfect little "piiiinnnggg" followed immediately by that wonderful sound of the ball whistling through the air! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 22/07/2006 2:32 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

After 2 years of dating my girlfriend, she asked me yesterday if I like to play golf. I'm not sure why cause I've never said, "Honey, I'll be golfing Sunday morning." I've never had her walk in on me checking out a golf website or golf gear merchandise. I have my whole living room set up for music and playing and recording music. I am always on music forums and gear sites. I asked her if she played and she said no.

Anyway, FaxMeBeer. What type of beer is your favorite. Mine's Newcastle!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 22/07/2006 2:49 pm
(@faxmebeer)
Topic starter

Electrablue: I was born in KCK but live in KCMO at this point. I'm probably going to move back to Kansas in the next few years. You from around here?

What's up 97reb? I used to be a Fat Tire man, but now I've moved to 1554, I really like the New Belgium Brewing Company!

Posted : 22/07/2006 4:22 pm
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member

welcome to the forums! :D

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

Posted : 22/07/2006 8:43 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I'm from Texas, but I did live in Wichita for a while! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 23/07/2006 12:28 am