Clear all

Hey again

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@mogal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Well I am new to this forum and didn't see the "Meet and Greet" section until just now! I have posted on three other topics - Live Sound, In the Studio, and The Other Side. I am just learning the ropes on here - it seems like a fun place to get some good ideas and advice.
I'm in an all-mom rock band, Momentary Girls, in St. Louis. We have 4 of us, one fairly new member. We actually were called something else before but because we replaced a member, we felt like it was only right to change the name. Anyway, most of my questions will likely be sound related or equipment related. I have been playing guitar for about 35 years, and have now accumulated 5 different guitars, including 1 bass! Anybody from St. Louis out there??

MoGal

Posted : 12/12/2006 11:25 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Cool, an all mom rock band. I love that concept. Welcome to GN. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 12/12/2006 11:30 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Well hey again Robin! :)

Glad you found us! :D See you around. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 12/12/2006 11:37 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

I have to agree with Jim. An all mom rock band sounds so cool. Do you have any clips we could have a listen to?

Welcome to GN and enjoy your stay.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 12/12/2006 11:40 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome again!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 12/12/2006 12:04 pm
(@mogal)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

There are some clips up on our website - http://www.momentarygirls.com .
They are are not really "professional clips" though. The first couple are in my music room where we practice, using my 8-track recorder. The rest of them are from a live gig at a bar we played at in August. Of course since we had to do our own sound and none of us are too good at that, the live recordings are a bit muddy.

MoGal

Posted : 12/12/2006 12:08 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

We've already been chatting over on The Other Side, but again, Welcome, MoGal! :D

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 12/12/2006 1:04 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Welcome to the board. I'm definitely going to check out those clips, an all mom band sounds interesting.

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 13/12/2006 12:09 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome, Mogal! :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 17/12/2006 3:52 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Mogal! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 17/12/2006 8:08 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome!

#4491....

Posted : 27/12/2006 12:18 pm