Clear all

Hey everyone, new to the forums!

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@rjnix_0329)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello everyone at GuitarNoise! For about 5 months I have been visiting the guitar noise forums and web page but have only just registered an account. I have only been playing guitar for about 6 or 7 months, and am self taught (rather, David Hodge taught...) and am having a blast playing! Right now I am confined to acoustic guitar, which I love, but I plan to move up to a nice electric and then a better acoustic within a few months. My styles of guitar are primarily blues, classic rock, and folk rock, though I like an even wider variety of music. My favorite soloist is Clapton, though Vaughan and King are big inspirations as well. I am also a big fan of Dylan and Young and company. This community is the best guitar based community I have seen yet, and I look forward to getting to know some of you, and becoming a better player through it.

Sincerely,

R.J. Nix

Posted : 15/05/2007 3:00 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard R.J. Nix! 8) Glad you decided to join the party! :D See you around.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 15/05/2007 3:05 am
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Welcome RJ. Glad to have you here.

Posted : 15/05/2007 3:12 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, RJ.

Look forward to seeing more of you round the boards.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 15/05/2007 5:50 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

B.B. King? Albert King? Elvis "The King"? All the kings? :D

Maybe "King" Kong? :lol:

Welcome to GN, RJ! 8)

Posted : 15/05/2007 8:47 am
(@rjnix_0329)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Honestly, I first but "B.B. King" and then I thought "Freddy King" and then "Albert King" so I decided to just put King and let you all make up your own minds :D .

--RJ

Posted : 15/05/2007 1:35 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

All of them are great players and musicians, the "Kings" and the rest. Your musical tastes are very similar to mine.

Welcome again and see you around the forums!

Posted : 15/05/2007 1:47 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Welcome to GN forums. Hope to see you around. :) I'd say the move from acoustic to electric is a move over or a move across, but certainly not a move up or down (Guitar equal rights).

Posted : 15/05/2007 4:28 pm
(@rjnix_0329)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I certainly meant nothing against acoustic! In fact, what I meant was that I would move from my older acoustic to a nicer electric and then eventually get a really nice acoustic as well! I love all sorts of guitar, and since playing acoustic I have developed a strong appreciation for acoustic music. Thank you all for your warm welcome!

--RJ

Posted : 15/05/2007 4:37 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Rjnix_0329! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 15/05/2007 6:38 pm
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi R.J.. Welcome to GN.

Denny

Posted : 17/05/2007 3:41 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN, RJ!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"