Hey Folks!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 JonA
(@jona)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Wow! What a great forum you've all got here. I've already read through some of the threads; this place clearly serves as an amazing resource to guitarists at all skill levels!

My name is Jon. I'm from Minnesota. I'm in my early twenties and have just started picking up guitar in the last couple of months. My father knows how to play pretty well, and played bass in band for years way back before I was even a thought and when I was just barely walking ;). My older brother also knows how to play and took lessons. I mean, he's not real good, but he's got his stuff down that's for sure.

The only music I've really tried playing is old country stuff (Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, you know the type :) ). It's pretty easy stuff to pick up and I really like the music too. So far I can play around ten songs through pretty good (maybe around twenty if you count the ones I can play full of errors). A couple of weeks ago I played with my father, brother, and girlfriend in front of a group of folks at a nursing home.They made me play lead! We did some easy songs: Big River, Okie from Muskogee, So Lonesome I could Cry, and a few others. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Right now I've been practicing just a few cords: E, E7, A, D, B7, Am, C, F. The first five I can handle pretty well, especially if they are changed something in that order. The last three are still works in progress.

Anyway. Just saying 'Hi!'. Glad I found this place and I know that I will be learning so much from being here!

Jon

Posted : 09/05/2012 2:35 am
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Okay...another "gidday"!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 09/05/2012 5:31 am