9 Users
0 Likes
 ss43
(@ss43)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hey,

I am not on-line savvy - so here goes:

Glad to sign onto this forum. I've been playing - or attempting to - for thirty something years. I like old school rock, blues, and occasionally delve into some way out misguided stuff making strange scales and chords. I am fasinated with music of all types.

I currently play a '96 fender lonestar strat and a US Masters Guitar Works versateck vector. The effects I use are a TS8 and Vox Wah, both modded. I play through a Kustom 36 watt tube amp as well as a Mesa DC-3 (the mesa may have to go because it is just too loud).

I look forward for learning tid bits of info here to help me be a better player. Unfortunately I have not had anyone to jam with in the past 9 years which sometimes makes things dull.

Posted : 20/08/2006 11:39 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN ss43! 8)

Hope to see you around the boards, and maybe you can join in on one of the "online jams" we have sometimes. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/08/2006 12:48 am
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

Welcome - I'm from the ATL - we're practically neighbors....

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

Posted : 21/08/2006 12:58 am
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member

I will be in Athens Alabama this week and I used to oive in Lawrenceville GA. Small world.

Welcome to the site.

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

Posted : 21/08/2006 1:02 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, SS43! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/08/2006 3:11 am
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Welcome to GN SS43.

A 'tid bit' from me to you - You can *NEVER EVER* have too many guitars, too much G.A.S. and the amp is never loud enough. :lol:

-Pet

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

Posted : 21/08/2006 8:07 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN ss43. Always someone to jam with here. Glad to have you with us.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 21/08/2006 8:53 am
 ss43
(@ss43)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Posted : 23/08/2006 9:50 pm
 JPf
(@jpf)

Im new to the forum too and caught your meet and greet thread. Ive only been playing for 2 years and so not really good enough to jam with people yet, however; being a gear freak I bought a loop station and have found that jamin with myself is pretty cool and helps me learn to be a better player. You can download wavefiles to the loopstation and jam with the very best and guess what, they don't know you missed the key, note, time or whatever and you can keep playin it over and over and over and..... well you get the idea. As long as you have been playing you probably already knew this but I just though i'd mention it.

Take care and enjoy this forum, it seems pretty cool

JPF

"You ain't goin' nowhere with that, son. You ought to go back to drivin' a truck." JIM DENNY. "Grand Ole Opry" booking agent. Remark to Elvis Presley after hearing his first Opry performance, Nashville, 1954.

Posted : 23/08/2006 10:16 pm
(@chalkoutline)
Estimable Member

Welcome SS43. I am from Birmingham, AL originally. Lived about half my life there.

Interview guy: What is the source of your feedback?
Neil Young: Volume.

Posted : 24/08/2006 11:52 am