Notifications
Clear all

Hey everyone

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@tcombs07)
Topic starter

Hey everyone, as you all probably know I am new to the forum. I just started playing guitar a month ago and I am really enjoying it. I hope to get alot of advice from you guys and girls, because I am sure I will have plenty of questions.

With that being said I would like to start off by asking a simple question. I just recently bought a Jasmine by Takamine S35 Acoustic Guitar of the internet and it hasn't arrived at my house yet, but all the reviews that I have read said it was an excellent beginners guitar. And well all I really wanted to know is what everyone here on the forum thought about those guitars.

Any feedback would be great, Thanks

Posted : 21/08/2006 8:20 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, tcombs07! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Can't help with your question, though. I've never played a Jasmine! :D But, I'm sure someone here has!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 21/08/2006 8:26 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise man! Look foward to seeing you around!

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 21/08/2006 9:26 pm
(@alangreen)

Welcome to the party, dude.

You'd probably have been better asking about the guitar before you bought it, but you can relax because Takamine make good kit.

Best,

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 22/08/2006 2:59 am
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Welcome to the mad house

Muwahahah *fades away*

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

Posted : 22/08/2006 8:01 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 22/08/2006 8:40 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN. Personally I started off with a guitar called a Montana. A MONTANA? What the heck is that? Exactly. You'll be fine. It might need a set up when you get it but most guitars do. If you are just starting out then nothing you play will sound just terrific. But stick with it and you wont be disappointed.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 22/08/2006 8:48 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Personally I started off with a guitar called a Montana. A MONTANA? What the heck is that? Exactly.
I still use my "what the heck is that?"-guitar, and it's my favourite. I didn't know any different when I started; then I grew as a guitarist and learned what was wrong with it and mainly used another one; then I grew again and realised that actually I kind of like the things that are 'wrong' with it, and that it has some nice advantages.

Like Al says though, you can't go far wrong with a Tak :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 22/08/2006 8:57 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 22/08/2006 4:49 pm