Clear all

Hi from North West UK

12 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
 Faff
(@faff)
Topic starter

Hi. Peter here. Age 40ish. Just found this site. The lessons look great. Fantastic detail.
Have been playing for 18 months and am still mad for it. Got GAS - Fender Tele USA & Epi E335 & SuperChamp XD. The gear sounds better when I am not playing it. :) Not a day goes by without practice. Not confident yet to go to a public jam but really want to get together with others to play, but everyone round here only wants to play metal :-(

Posted : 19/11/2009 8:17 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 19/11/2009 10:10 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Peter! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 21/11/2009 11:30 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hello Peter, I'm about 10 miles away from you - in sunny (yeah, right!) Newton-le-Willows. There's a good few GN members from this part of the world - I noticed you've already replied to a post of Darth Ordinary's in the News forum, we've jammed together a few times. You're welcome to join in - I'm trying to arrange a jam session with Ray (Darth Ordinary) for sometime next week, it's been too long with one thing and another since we got together!

Welcome to GN!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 25/11/2009 12:48 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

PS - what kind of music do you want to play? Give us a clue.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 25/11/2009 12:53 am
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

Hi Faff - nice to see another northern monkey around here :D . As you see from Vics post, he is in Newton le Willows, Im (currently) in warrington and trying to get going yet again, after about 6 'fresh starts' in the last 5 years. I'm aiming to get confident enough to do a public jam or 2, will have a bash at most things favour Rock(and some metal :wink: ) but love acoustic playing too. Be nice if a few of us NW'ers can sort something out, though I am thinking of switching to bass guitar soon. See you around the board :D

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 28/11/2009 12:01 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

And what club do you support?

Posted : 30/11/2009 3:06 am
 Faff
(@faff)
Topic starter

Oops! sorry boys for the delay. I thought that I would get emails when someone posts to a forum I posted in - yes I see that option now! Have been hanging out mostly on the lessons pages. Maybe I missed your jam get together :-( Thats a shame.
Ok here's the hard one - what do I want to play? I am just keen to play with anyone and see what comes up.
London Calling by The Clash is 30 years old this month. Aaaagh!!! I was there (but I have moved on). I would love to do a Joe Strummer cover band - but no one is interested, and then spin off into original stuff based on a punky rock reggae groove - but no one is interested. So I am open to most other ideas.
Dont want to do old pub rocker stuff or drum n bass or X factor.
Influences are many and this list is TOO short: Punk, Iggy, Radiohead, Clash/Strummer, Neil Young, Stone Roses, Pink Floyd, Primal Scream, Specials, Faithless, New Order, Manics, Blondie, Dylan, Libertines, Nick Cave, Strokes. Prefer new bands rather than re listening to old stuff - seeing Yeah Yeah Yeahs tomorrow. Darth - I don't mid the Foo either.
If this does not sound like you then keep an open mind. The greatest bands have had people who have different musical influences and melded them together. Would like to do original stuff.

Posted : 05/12/2009 1:41 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi Peter! Good intro and answers re: music.

Welcome, enjoy what you play and keep at it every day. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 06/12/2009 3:20 pm
 Faff
(@faff)
Topic starter

Blue Jay - Thanks for the encouraging words. Yes I keep at it every single day but not as focussed as I should be :(
Laz - I support the team in red.

Posted : 07/12/2009 1:46 pm
(@mrwhammy)

Welcome and glad to hear you started with the guitar. If I could be of service let me know.

Posted : 13/12/2009 7:37 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 15/12/2009 4:07 pm