Notifications
Clear all

I've been milling around for awhile!

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@restless-troubadour)
Topic starter

I've had a few accounts here but forgot passwords, had a divorce, a couple moves, lack of internet access, and I haven't been able to participate here in the forums. Now that things have settled down some I decided to become a little more involved in the community here. I'm 25 been playing guitar for about 5 years now. Mainly play a lot of folk, bluegrass type stuff. Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead, The Beatles, Doc Watson, are pretty big influences. Play some open mic nights here and there covering a pretty wide range of stuff. Write my own material as well. I have one song posted though the vocal needs to be rerecorded as it's pretty but it's available at http://www.myspace.com/chrismartinnoise it really sounds quite different than most of the stuff I play. My friend who is a pretty good blues player laid down some lead. Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself. Look forward to expanding my playing from the wealth of information on the site and from other pickers.

"Music is spiritual orgasm." Miles Davis

Posted : 15/11/2009 11:30 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 16/11/2009 11:03 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 16/11/2009 3:28 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 16/11/2009 7:48 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Welcome from another Muppet

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 16/11/2009 8:21 pm