Hi from Sheffield, UK

11 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@gyokushin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi there Guitar Noise people,

Im 27 and from Sheffield in the UK, I've been playing the guitar for about 7 months now. Ive got a Yamaha Pacifica 112 and Just bought a Line6 Pocket Pod (which is awesome).

Mainly started learning to play, because a friend of mine wanted to start a band. So we are currently learning things like 18 and Life by Skid Row and Enter Sandman by Metallica.

So be prepared for a lot of noobie questions :)

- Steve

Posted : 16/07/2007 12:58 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hey, Steve, welcome to GN's forums.

Good luck with the new band. Setting goals is very helpful especially when learning a new instrument. I look forward to hearing your about your progress. There are many of us who are already in bands so if you need any help with anything like that, don't hesitate to post your questions.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 16/07/2007 1:01 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Steve! :D

The Yamaha Pacifica 112 is a very nice guitar. I was thinking on buying one when I bought my electric. Here there are several fans of thar guitar.

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 16/07/2007 3:21 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hi Steve, and welcome from t'other side o't'Pennines! Well the other end of Snake Pass anyway....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/07/2007 4:22 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN from a fellow Brit (South Coast) and Pacifica owner.

You clearly have great taste in guitars. :wink:

I'm looking at giving the pocket POD a try for when I go on my travels. Looks like a great bit of kit.

Look forward to seeing you round the forums.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 16/07/2007 5:25 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Steve! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 16/07/2007 6:23 pm
(@gyokushin)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

And hi there fellow brits :) Yep im stuck t'other side of t'Pennines, thankfully away from t'floods though (i cant speak yorkshire! lol)

Yeah, i really like my pacifica. I knew nothing about guitars when i started, but my friend used to work in a guitar shop and got me the Pacifica, its a very cool guitar. Although ive somehow managed to cross thread the trem arm and now it wont go back in. :?

I was debating for ages wether to get a pocket pod, as its the first pedal/effects bit of kit that ive bought. But its definatly worth it, as we are trying out different rehersal rooms and playing different types of songs, so it saves time messing around with the amps trying to get the right sound.

- Steve

Posted : 16/07/2007 11:09 pm
(@denny)
Reputable Member

Hi Steve. Welcome to GN.

Denny

Posted : 17/07/2007 3:43 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 19/07/2007 10:20 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Steve! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 20/07/2007 9:23 pm
(@causnorign)
Honorable Member

Welcome to the group. Folks here love noobie questions, they make us think.

Posted : 22/07/2007 12:07 am