Hi kids!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@brian-krashpad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey boys and girls.

I'm from Gainesville Florida, USA. I've been playing guitar for about 40 years (eek, I know!), bass for a bit more than 20, and a bit of mandolin for a couple years. I play in a bunch of original music rock bands, and in church. My daughter also plays bass, sometimes in church, and also in one of my side bands.

I mainly play electric, but I have a couple acoustics as well. I have way too many guitars (certainly more than I need for my bands and church) and amps. Nothing is very expensive or "boutique," but they're fun to have and play. In addition to playing in bands and in church, I also write about local music for a local quarterly magazine. Looking forward to seeing what's up here.

Posted : 10/02/2011 11:59 pm
(@cycledude)

Oooh, Church musician... me too, only I'm a church drummer. I've only done guitar for 6 months or so, but I'm lovin it. welcome to the mix.

7 pc. Gretsch Catalina Maple Drum Kit
Ibanez EX series electric guitar
PRS SE 25th Anniversary Custom 24

Posted : 14/02/2011 1:17 am
(@brian-krashpad)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Oooh, Church musician... me too, only I'm a church drummer. I've only done guitar for 6 months or so, but I'm lovin it. welcome to the mix.

Thanks! Playing in church is very rewarding, but there are lots of extra headaches in many churches, because many people are not down with modern music. We play in a supposedly "blended" service, with only 2-3 modern songs per service, when we all would much rather play a fully contemporary service. My previous church had had a proper fully contemporary service where the band played every last piece of music every Sunday. It's a downer to only play 2 or 3 songs, when just across town, in a church of the same denomination, we had been playing ALL the music. Still, I'll keep playing as long as they'll let me. They're shooting themselves in the foot by not having a fully contemporary service though.

Sigh.

Posted : 14/02/2011 2:18 am