Notifications
Clear all

Hi - relapsing guitar addict here

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@locrian)
Topic starter

Hi all. My name is Ian and I was a guitar addict. I'm 57, in the UK and just got an acoustic again, having quit playing maybe 5 years ago. Fingers have turned to mush of course, but on the bright side of things - I am a 'new slate' and have found GuitarNoise!

Spent a few days listening to some podcasts, reading and watching lessons (pity about the powers-that-be forcing the TAB to be taken down) and generally poking around. This seems like a top site, a great place to call 'home' and I can't wait to get stuck into talking with you guys and making some real progress :)

Ian

Posted : 29/12/2013 1:36 pm
(@alangreen)

Welcome to the party Ian, we think you'll like it here.

You should be able to find heaps of good stuff in the lessons on this site, even with the lack of Tabs, and we've got a bunch of professional players and teachers here who can help out with just about anything.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 29/12/2013 1:47 pm
(@locrian)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome, Alan.

The more I look around, the more I'm impressed at the amount of great material on the site. Already picking up some excellent tips from DH's podcasts. I find that format really helpful.

Anyway, thanks again - I will be sure to ask questions as they arise!

Ian

Posted : 30/12/2013 10:38 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

You'll find great lessons and articles here. These days I was reviewing some old lessons in which I was working years ago.

Welcome to GN.

Posted : 30/12/2013 2:07 pm
(@locrian)
Topic starter

Thanks for that, Nuno. I'm working on America by Simon and Garfunkel right now. New Year resolution - learn to strum better and learn songs all the way through!

Happy New Year to you and the other GN 'addicts'.

Ian

Posted : 31/12/2013 2:48 pm