Clear all

Noob here. To the forum and guitar.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@endeavor-niche)
Topic starter

Hi,
My name is Steve. I'm 55 years old and became disabled in 2006 due to breaking my neck and back in a motorcycle accident. I had loads of time on my hands and I've learned to paint, draw, sing (still taking lessons), and assorted other things. Now I have heart failure and an aortic aneurysm. When I was young I could play a few instruments. I could play most horns, most winds, and the piano. I can't read music and don't know theory. I inherited the ability from my grandmother to listen to a song and with a few minutes practice I can play it on those instruments. I have no idea how I do it and have been asked a million times. I just sound it out like a kid learning to read a word. Anyway it doesn't work with the guitar. I've always wanted to play guitar and I just bought a new Epiphone LP Custom Pro and a Line 6 Spider IV and I'm going to learn to play it. Acoustic guitars don't interest me right now. Later I'm sure they will. I don't know how much time I have left but I'm going to play my guitar and sing in public before I die. It's on my bucket list.

Posted : 25/12/2013 9:01 pm
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to read of your background, but am encouraged by your determination. I look forward to seeing you around here.

Posted : 28/12/2013 7:57 am