Clear all

Hiya!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@iplaybassoon)
Topic starter

Hello all.

A bit of info about myself. I'm practically a noob from Tulsa, Oklahoma, U.S.A. I play many other instruments besides guitar. My favorites next to guitar are violin and bassoon (hence the username lol). Other than that, I love animals and will most likely be going to school for zoology and music.

My guitar background? Honestly not much. I'm completely self-taught and I've only played off and on over the years whenever I had access to a guitar. That is until a couple of years ago. I went to stay with my sister for a few months and she got me more seriously interested and gave me my first guitar, which truely is a piece of crap Wal-Mart guitar. Whatever, I can deal with that; I have to have something to learn on, right? I've been playing that guitar for the past two years, and really, its lasted a lot longer than I would've expected. Until the something with the wiring broke. So now I have my wonderful fender amp just sitting in the corner by itself, while I play my crappy guitar without it. :(

Well just this week I woke up to a Kay 1960's Truetone semi-electric archtop guitar sitting in the hallway outside my door. Apparently this guitar belonged to my grandpa, but its quite banged up from the looks of it. It was a sad sight indeed to see the dusty, cracked finish and warped face with the neck coming loose from the guitar. That's part of the reason I set out to find a good up-to-date forum. I want to restore it if I can.

Well, that's me. Just another chick who likes to play and can't stand the sight of a banged up guitar.

I hope to gain some useful knowledge from the members here. I'll see you all around the forum!

Posted : 30/06/2011 6:42 am
(@hobson)
Noble Member

Welcome from another chick who likes to play. Your guitar restoration sounds like quite a project. There are lots of knowledgeable people here. I'm not one of them, at least when it comes to the technical building and repair stuff.

Renee

Posted : 30/06/2011 2:08 pm