Notifications
Clear all

HMMM not sure

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@frust-rated)
Topic starter

HEY ALL.... Not sure if this is the right place to put this,,If not Im sure the mods can move it..
My name is Steve Im 41 originally from Scotland but now living in Canada for twenty years,I recently purchased an Indiana Scout,, electric acoustic guitar,Dont know too much bout guitars but tried this one and seemed to like it at first but the more i play the more i blame the guitar (it just wont do what i want it to do-dont think it works right...WELL I JUST OUGHTA :D )I havent touched the guitar in a very long time and i thought it would be like getting on a bike never forget kind of deal,,,well nothing is flooding back too me like i assumed,yes i can still play what i played twenty years ago which wasnt much anyways but just not the same, and trying to learn new stuff SHEEESH....My dad plays every musical item you can think of,he can sit there and within an hour he can pretty much play anything you want him to play,,BUT he never ever learned to play guitar,,,Maybe ranting on a bit here so anyways just thought i would do a little sharing....
Steve..

Posted : 02/11/2007 11:39 am
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

Hello there. Keep with it. Playing guitar is not easy and progress can be very slow sometimes. I've also find that if I walk away from it for a week or so, It takes about 5 to 10 minutes for it to start feeling natural again.

The guitar certainly could cause some of your frustration. For example, if the action is too high, it can make it tough to fret the strings.

If you really want to learn, stick with it and practice as much as you can. If you're able, take some lessons or play with other people. Either of those two things will speed up your improvement dramatically.

Posted : 02/11/2007 12:05 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, and welcome back to the world of guitars! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 03/11/2007 12:53 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 13/11/2007 2:24 pm