howdy

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@old-lefty)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi all,

My name's Brian, I'm 50 and live in Clermont, Florida. I started playing electric guitar about 2 months ago. You're never too old to learn, right?

So here I am at 50, motivated and determined to learn how to play and grateful to have the internet as a resource. Forums are great for whatever you're into, I belong to a couple for horse owners and the information I get from them is invaluable. So when I stumbled across Guitar Noise I was relieved and grateful to find the same type of supportive community for guitar people.

I purchased a copycat of a strat on Craig's List, a virtually brand new Johnson that I was lucky to find locally, being a lefty. Also found a decent amp, so for a mere $115 total I'm ready to rock…..well, blues is more my preference for now. I manage to practice for at least an hour a day and actually seem to be making some progress. Play along CD's have been very helpful.
My ideal guitar would be a Fender strat, I can still remember watching one of the Beach Party movies as a kid when Dick Dale (a lefty like me!) would just wail on that thing. Awesome. Eventually I'd like to buy that genuine Stratocaster, although a lefty in Seafoam green might be a tall order.

Sorry for such a long intro, and thank you all in advance for the great advice and guidance I'm sure will follow.

Posted : 12/12/2009 2:10 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 12/12/2009 12:02 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Brian! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 12/12/2009 7:30 pm
(@old-lefty)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks, guys......glad to be here.

Posted : 12/12/2009 9:21 pm