Notifications
Clear all

Howdy

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@tummai)
Topic starter

Howdy, I'm new to the forums. I was raised in Texas but am now based in Japan. I've played guitar on and off for about 18 years. Mostly metal (Slayer) and blues (SRV) in my teens and now I play around with anything that tickles my ear. I don't have an electric here in Japan so I play acoustic by default lately. I also have a special knack for losing picks, so I play with my fingers more often than not. I can't read music and I don't know much theory, but I'm starting to fix that. Look for me asking questions in the Music Theory forum.

Posted : 27/09/2010 1:51 am
(@bigfoot21075)

WELCOME! There are some TRUE musicians on here, they are very willing to share thier knowledge.

Posted : 30/09/2010 11:29 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi and welcome to the forums. I guess you might find an electric guitar somewhere in Japan to pursue your music tastes? :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 30/09/2010 11:41 am
(@tummai)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome.

I could buy an electric here, but it's looking like I might pack up and return to the States next summer so I'll likely hold off until then. If I bought an electric I'd have to invest in an amp as well and my neighbors might not appreciate that. Thin walls in Japan :).

I've grown to enjoy playing acoustic. Not ideal for banging out Slayer but my tastes have broadened over the years so I have plenty to keep my hands busy with.

Posted : 04/10/2010 5:22 am
(@rockyblues)

Hi tummai. I'm a guitar teacher who is also new to this forum. Japan must be incredible. Keep on playing that acoustic and if you ever have theory questions, this is the place to be. Cheers!

Jeff

Posted : 08/11/2010 3:24 am