Notifications
Clear all

I'm New...and I'm Learning!

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@tdirgins)
Topic starter

My friend had to wear a badge that said that when he worked at a hotel in college. :lol:

Anyway, finally started formal lessons in Februrary after my Ibanez acoustic ( a gift from the wife) sat in the case for 11 years.

A month later I picked up an Epiphone Special II Player Pack from Sam Ash. For my birthday the wife got me a Washburn Rover, since I travel a lot for work.

My instructor is great--does a nice mix of theory, technique, and leaves time each lesson to work on songs. Looking forward to reading the great info on this forum!

Posted : 15/07/2008 4:16 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, tdirgins! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 15/07/2008 6:10 pm
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

Welcome tdirgins. :D
Sounds like you found a good instructor. There are also lots of helpful lessons as well as people here at GN.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 15/07/2008 6:45 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm old - well, old-ish - and I'm still learning! I can honestly say I've learned a lot more in four years here, though, than in the previous 20-odd years I played, or rather messed around on guitar. Now get that Ibanez out and get practising - eleven years is a LOT of catching up!

Welcome to GN, and I hope you learn as much - or more - as I have!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 16/07/2008 12:47 am
(@sparky1ma)
Trusted Member

Welcome tdirgins.

I just recently started formal lessons myself. I tried for 2 yrs on my own but lost direction, so I went to my old high school music teacher. It works out great 'cause even after all these years (20 :shock: where did the time go) he remembered that I have terrible timing and no sense of pitch. :lol: He's old school,(mostly standard notation to start then moving into tab) I get a little theory, technique, and practice. The important thing is I'm having fun with my guitar again.
Hope to see you around the forums.

ROCK ON!!!! :note1: :note2:

Where am I going....and why am I in this hand basket?

Posted : 17/07/2008 4:16 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 18/08/2008 2:05 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

eh...Vic stole my reply. But I'll use it anyway! Actually, I'll just agree with him ->I'm old and I'm learning.
Welcome to GN!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 19/08/2008 4:16 pm