Clear all

I'm new...

11 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jamonkey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm new I've been playing electric guitar for about a year...I like to play metal of all kinds and classic rock especially Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. I was called a spammer on my first post, but all is forgiven...i saw where they were coming from. I basically have a passion for playing guitar and practice around 5 hours a day, I hope to go pro one day...and that's about it.

Posted : 24/08/2006 3:56 am
(@jasonrunguitar)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN Jamonkey. I think our music tastes are along the same lines...right on! Hope to see you around the forums!

-Jason
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To those about to rock, we salute you!
http://www.soundclick.com/jasonwittenbach

Posted : 24/08/2006 4:03 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

You have to admit that your first post could easily be misinterpreted - and a post count of 1 on anything vaguely promotional always arouses suspicion. That being said, you have my 'groveliest' apologies for jumping to conclusions - I'm standing in the corner as I type this - and I'm glad you didn't let that put you off :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 24/08/2006 9:00 am
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Hello and Welcome to GN

Kudos on the music taste.

(C&S, what the heck did you say? lol)

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

Posted : 24/08/2006 9:48 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN Jamonkey. Dont worry about the spamming thing. Its hard sometimes to come across the way you mean too over the internet.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 24/08/2006 10:04 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Nothing, I just hate assumption, especially when I catch myself doing the assuming. I barely read the post, just caught a few keywords that triggered my spam detector and was off :oops:

I really should add a disclaimer in my siggy though - "Statements in this post are prone to exaggeration and may be made with tongue in cheek" :mrgreen:

Posted : 24/08/2006 10:34 am
 Pet
(@pet_1567860324)
Estimable Member

Nothing, I just hate assumption, especially when I catch myself doing the assuming. I barely read the post, just caught a few keywords that triggered my spam detector and was off :oops:

I really should add a disclaimer in my siggy though - "Statements in this post are prone to exaggeration and may be made with tongue in cheek" :mrgreen:

Oh dear.

An addendum to that disclaimer would be wise;

"Statements in this post are prone to exaggeration and may be made with tongue in cheek or foot in mouth"

:lol:

"We Are The Facilitators Of Our Own Creative Evolution".

Posted : 24/08/2006 11:43 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Aye, probably for the best...

Posted : 24/08/2006 12:09 pm
(@lummoxx)
Trusted Member

Hi there. I was the first to reply to your first post, and *I* didn't jump to any conclusions. :P

:D

I haven't been here long, but everyone here has been awesome. This looks like a great place to hang out, and a great place to find information about playing. The lessons here are awesome.

------
Lummoxx
-Fender Stratocaster Splatter
-Line6 GuitarPort
-Marshall Half Stack MG100HDFX/MG412 Cab
-Boss "Heavy Metal" HM-2
-Current GAS Pain: WARBEAST!

Posted : 24/08/2006 12:14 pm
(@jamonkey)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

It's fine...I just found the section where people take a look at intructional material, perhaps it wouldn't have been as misinterpreted if I would've posted there. As I said I can see how you would've thought I was a spammer.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Posted : 24/08/2006 6:02 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 24/08/2006 6:36 pm