Notifications
Clear all

Is this thing on?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@gig-bag)
Topic starter

Hey everyone in guitar lovin' cyber space.

New to the forums, been playing only about a year. In that time, it has been what some would call.. obsessive. That some being my lovely wife. Gave up playing music (drums) in my teens, which turned out to be the single most regrettable thing in my 37 years. The guitar was always a big draw for me, kinda like Moth to a flame type thing. I figure at some point I will die, so I best get learning, no more excuses!! Being able to play with other people being the ultimate dream. I believe the kids call these "bands"

I thought I would say hey, I can already see that I will be able to take away alot from all the great musicians and others new to guitar, like myself in here. Hopefully holding my hand through this daunting, exciting, frustrating, and thrilling journey I've begun.

Posted : 07/07/2012 3:40 pm
(@alangreen)

Being able to play with other people being the ultimate dream. I believe the kids call these "bands"

Welcome to the party.

Whereabouts are you from? There's always somebody who's up for a jam.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 07/07/2012 6:05 pm
(@gig-bag)
Topic starter

Hey thanks Alan, from Edmonton Alberta here.

I fear I would lack the confiedence to Jam, just yet.. Unless of course someone asked me to solo for an hour using only the pentatonic scale. Hah..

I should probably get a few songs under my belt, and be able to at least switch chords somewhat effortlessly.

Posted : 08/07/2012 4:31 pm
(@shimone)

Welcome to the hub of talents :D

Posted : 09/07/2012 12:13 pm
 guy1
(@guy1)

Hi!

I'm also new here :-)
Not too long ago started playing the guitar, and I gotta say I'm loving it! (sort of a music addict)
Would love to get to know everyone here :roll:

Music is what life sounds like.
~Eric Olson

check out my blog: http://www.online-music-courses.com

Posted : 10/07/2012 6:21 am