Notifications
Clear all

New Kid

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@edslocklear)
Topic starter

My name is Madison (male), and I will be 16 in April. I picked up my first guitar a little over a month ago. She is a Fender Squier Strat in Sunburst. She is my pride and joy. I picked her up after a trip to Guitar Center. My school requires you to complete a personal project (IB school), and after failing to find something interesting, I remembered that I can do something music related. Music has always been my passion, and that is the reason I still go to school. I care very little for most of my other classes, and wish I could just go straight to college. I hope to get a degree in Music Theory from my towns conservatory (I'll give you one guess to which conservatory).

The man that inspired me to get into music is George Harrison. He was somewhat of a child prodigy when he was first a member of the Beatles, and I kind of hope to become just like him (except for the obvious problem he had with drugs). At first, I thought Law Enforcement was my calling, but I just feel so great whenever I pick up an instrument that I know this is what I was born to do. So my hope is to go to college for music, as I said earlier, unless I am picked up by a band before then. I don't like to brag, but I have already learned a few songs. My music teacher said it will be easier for me to learn than others because I have already mastered a few brass instruments.

Now, I get a lot of crap because of my name, so when people talk to me, I usually ask them to call me something else. Some friends of mine call me Ringo because I, like him, am a sentimentalist, I'm down to earth, humorous, and obviously because I love the Beatles. I can't tell you what this means to me, to be compared to someone like that.

Back on topic, I hope to only get better at this, and appreciate the opportunity to be here.

"At the end of the day, I can end up just totally wacky, because I've made mountains out of molehills. With meditation, I can keep them as molehills" -Ringo Starr

Posted : 22/11/2012 4:23 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hang around here enough and you'll definitely pick up knowledge like no where else.

Welcome to Guitar Noise forums.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 26/11/2012 10:20 pm
(@barbystrings)

This forum site is great. For a guitarist like me who is still on the process of learning even if I started learning how to play the guitar since 11. Nice to meet people here who have the same passion as I have. I hope that we can exchange more thoughts. I really want to learn more and more in the days and years to come.

Posted : 14/12/2012 5:47 am