Notifications
Clear all

New on the Board

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@piazza)
Topic starter

Hi all. New guy here. I live in the Midwest right now but am originally from the Northeast. Moved here a couple of years ago from Alexandria,VA (home to Guitar Noise Admin Nick, I believe), and will move back there once I've sold my house. I have a number of full-time jobs, it seems; one of them is to test and review printers and scanners for About.com ( http://printscan.about.com/ ). Meanwhile I'm very new to the guitar and was pleased to find this site, which seems amazingly friendly and helpful. The lessons are easy to follow and I feel as though I've already learned a lot here. I like to play fingerstyle, am dabbling a bit with some easy classical pieces, and would even like to learn flamenco once my hands start cooperating.

Hope to see some lessons using The Decemberists, whose music I love. Thanks in advance for helping me learn.

Posted : 07/09/2008 5:22 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Welcome, and let me know when you are back in town.

Posted : 07/09/2008 5:32 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Welcome !

You also have great beginner guitar tutorials at http://www.guitar.about.com by Dan Cross. They did help me a lot (esp in fingerpicking). :D

Here they are. Best resource on web for a series of well organized beginner lessons. Be sure to check em out.

Good Luck.

Posted : 07/09/2008 6:51 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy and welcome!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 08/09/2008 6:58 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 08/09/2008 9:20 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Piazza! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 08/09/2008 9:21 pm
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 11/09/2008 11:29 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 15/09/2008 8:05 am
(@piazza)
Topic starter

Thanks, all. Nick, I'll be sure to let you know when I'm back in town. Do you give lessons?

Rahul, thanks for the pointer to Dan Cross on About.com. I check his lessons pretty regularly, and find the lessons on GN perfectly suited to my learning style and ability.

Recently got Pete Huttlinger's Essential Exercises for Fingerstyle Guitar, which is a great resource, though the chords to his bossa nova piece are tricky, to say the least. NIck, he's playing in the Birchmere at the end of September; wish I could be there to see him play.

Posted : 19/09/2008 9:10 pm