Clear all

New to Guitar and GuitarNoise

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Just started learning the guitar (seriously this time) and have perused this site and found lots of useful info. I'm in Frisco, TX. I'm one of the people who bought Esteban's sell act and his acoustic/electric guitar pak. I knew going in that it was mostly hype, but also a cheap way to get started. I will upgrade to a better guitar (or two) when I am worthy.

Music is the universal language, love is the key.

Posted : 28/03/2006 3:51 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Ahh Frisco. I knew that sounded familiar. Thats where the built the new FC Dallas soccer stadium isnt it? Been trying to get down there and watch them play again. Saw them when they were at the Cotton Bowl. Almost died that day.

Anyways. Welcome to GN. There is alot to take in so just go at your own pace.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 28/03/2006 4:12 pm
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

You are correct sir! That is the place. You may not be that excited if you lived there however. Traffic can be a bear when there is a game in town.

Thanks. I'm just a little overwhelmed right now. A lot to learn, but I am having fun with it.

Posted : 28/03/2006 4:39 pm
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

Yes there is a lot to learn with playing guitar, but you've come to right place to get help with any troubles you might have along the way.

So welcome to GN!!! :)

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 28/03/2006 7:55 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 28/03/2006 9:39 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Hey Jimh2! YAY! Another North Texan! I'm from Weatherford. Small world, huh? Welcome to GuitarNoise! Be seein' you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 28/03/2006 11:38 pm
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Elektra - good to know there is someone close.

Posted : 29/03/2006 2:04 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 29/03/2006 4:18 am
(@jimh2)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Welcome Frisco.
I'm betting that when that upgrade to a new guitar comes around it will hard to stop at one ;)

That's what I'm hoping!

Posted : 30/03/2006 12:23 pm