Notifications
Clear all

New to the site

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@classicrocker)
Topic starter

Ran across this site randomly. Signed up after reading a few posts. Looks good!

Seems like from what I have read so far. I have some common factors with alot here.
It seems I stay in a rut with my guitar playing. I dont feel like I play very well at all, even though
I have owned a guitar and played with it since I was 10 years old. Im 28 now. But for years I got
bored and just wasnt confident (still not confident) that I could play guitar.
I really dont have much problem playing rhythm. Although I've always wanted to play some lead licks.
So I took some lessons for 2 months. I was learning alot, actually more than I could take it at one time.
Couldnt afford to keep taking lessons so I had to quit, and I also forgot most of what I was taught. So I
mainly just search for tabs online to a song I like. If I pick it up rather quickly good. If not seems I just dont
continue to try because I feel I will never be able to do it. Any help is appreciated. BTW guitar heros are: SRV, Duane Allman
Warren Haynes, Eric Clapton, and David Gilmour. I love many others, but those are the ones I wished I could mimick.

So hopefully I can learn alot from you guys here. And maybe build my confidence.

...Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death....

Posted : 03/06/2007 10:46 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, ClassicRocker! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 03/06/2007 11:17 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 03/06/2007 11:24 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN. If you need any help.. feel free to post it. Someone will help.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 03/06/2007 11:37 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN. ClassicRocker!

I was in a rut a few years back, been playing the same three chords for years....then I joined GN and learned the fourth chord! Learned a few more since, and a bit of theory, and, ooh, too much to list at once!

The people here are a friendly bunch, full of good advice and encouragement - so it shouldn't be too long before your confidence is sky-high!

See you round the forums!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 03/06/2007 11:56 pm
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Great taste in music.

Welcome to the board man. :)

Posted : 04/06/2007 12:01 am
(@classicrocker)
Topic starter

Glad to be aboard! Thanks for the welcome.

...Shorter of breath, and one day closer to death....

Posted : 04/06/2007 12:25 am
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN, CR.

Look forward to seeing you round the forums.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 04/06/2007 5:56 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi ClassicRocker!

Welcome to GN! 8)

Posted : 04/06/2007 8:28 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome!

#4491....