Notifications
Clear all

New to this wonderful guitar site

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@bridgetc)
Topic starter

Hello, I am Bridget in Virginia USA. I just discovered this site this morning and haven't gotten to explore very much yet but have been happy with the great information that I have found. I have been playing for a year, starting with an Epiphone Slash Signature electric (Slash is my inspiration for beginning to play--go check out his live performance at the UK Rock Hall of Fame on YouTube where he performs Hey Joe) and a Line 6 30w amp. Times have been tough this year and I didn't play for a while due to depression but things have gotten better (and will continue to, I know, in 2010) and I have been been practicing for 2-3 hours per day for the past couple of months. It is amazing how you can see real progress the more time you spend on it. I still am not able to play anything beyond rank beginner stuff but I am pushing myself hard to try a lot of things.

For Christmas this year, I asked for and have already received an acoustic guitar as I wanted to be a well-rounded player--rock, blues and bluegrass. It is a Seagull Entourage in rustic burst. I did a lot of research and for the budget that I had to work with, I am SO pleased with it--it has the most amazing tone. People were raving about them all over the other guitar boards and I can see why. They are handmade in Canada and mine, at least, is absolutely gorgeous and perfect. I have to say that so far, I enjoy it a little more than my electric. I was worried that the acoustic would make my fingers hurt more but it is actually easier and I have spent the past couple of days learning fingerstyle and travis picking which is how I found my way here on a google search.

I really look forward to being an active part of the forums and reading all of your posts as well as the lesson material. Thanks to the people who have put this site together! I hope that I can be helpful to other beginners and maybe even find somebody to "jam" with locally. Best to all for 2010!!! Bridget

Posted : 14/12/2009 4:46 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Bridget! 8) Enjoy your new Seagull guitar. :D

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 14/12/2009 6:56 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Cool - appreciate your honesty and candor, whatever candor is, hehe. 8)

I'm glad you like your Canadian Seagull guitar so much, eh? Welcome! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 14/12/2009 9:36 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

Be sure to check out our women's forum, The Other Side!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 14/12/2009 11:25 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 15/12/2009 4:03 pm