Clear all

Newbie From Mississippi

17 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@barryo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Welcome to Guitar Noise! Started playing almost a year ago myself at age 44 and loving every minute of it.

I grew up about an hour east of you in Corinth. Been gone for quite a while, but get back once in a while to visit the folks.

/Dwayne
Cool. I go to Alcorn County semi-frequently.
A buddy of mine left this area and moved to the Grand Island region of NE a while back.
He sends pics of that area...man, those county roads seem go on forever. I hope to get up there and visit him soon.

Posted : 10/01/2007 3:23 am
(@barryo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi Barry!

Yep, lots of good people around here who can help you aquire all the extra gear you never knew you needed! :wink:

DanThat's what scares me :o

ColoradoFenderBender:

Yep, I'm hooked on XM.
I heard an old David Bowie song 'Starman" on Deep Tracks on the way home from work today.
I first heard it as a kid, but haven't heard it for a number of years. I had pretty much forgotten that the song existed.
When I heard it today, a small flood of forgotten memories from my youth came pouring back.
That's one thing I love about music, it gets etched into your soul, and can have such a powerful impact on your emotions.

TRGuitar:

I remember when Metallica's first 'LP' came out, I was awestruck by their brand of thrash metal. I literally could not stop playing it and wore it out quickly.
Never thought I'd see the day, but their stuff is old enough to be 'classic' lol.

Vic Lewis:

I am in serious Neil Young mode right now.
His CD's and DVD's have been in almost constant rotation around here.
I've also become very fond of the flavor of his more recent CD Greendale.

I'm still trying to figure out how I missed all this good stuff in recent years.
Could be the fact that I didn't have XM until recently, MTV died years ago, and FM radio is, well, not even worth getting worked up about.
I guess if you get to a certain age, you're deemed 'unmarketable' or irrelevant by the record execs and FM station conglomerates("Welcome to the machine"). So, they give us either the 'flavor of the month' on the pop stations, or we get a tiny rotation of the same 12 songs every day on the 'classic rock' stations.
Whoops! looks like I got worked up anyway :wink:

Posted : 10/01/2007 4:16 am
Page 2 / 2