Clear all

Newbie here!

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@nickgolledge)
Topic starter

Hi

Kind of found this site through generally searching guitar stuff via Google. Have browsed the forum a bit and people seem pretty friendly and supportive so I thought I'd join you all!

As with everyone here I guess I'm always looking to get better. I play songs using mostly open chords to a reasonable standard but want to get better at barre chords and soloing. I would also like to understand music theory a bit more and to have a better practice routine rather than playing all the same songs all of the time.

There seems to be plenty of articles on this site to help and I'm sure I'll be posting on the forum quite often with some stupid and hopefully some not so stupid questions!

Anyway, that's me. Thought I'd introduce myself!

Nick

Posted : 02/08/2006 8:53 am
(@fretsource)
Prominent Member

Hi Nick, and welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing you around :)

Posted : 02/08/2006 10:16 am
(@nickgolledge)
Topic starter

Thanks Fretsource.

Can't believe how many good lessons there are on this site. Seems wholly inadequate to say thanks, there must have been hundreds if not thousands of hours gone into producing those.

For a new member like me, it's fantastic!

Posted : 02/08/2006 10:20 am
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Welcome aboard Nick. There are alot of us that believe this is the best guitar site on the internet. Lessons are great, people are great.... Glad you found your way to join with us. If you have questions dont be afraid to ask. You can also use the little search thingy up there and usually will find that someone else already asked the same thing.

Have fun
Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 02/08/2006 11:07 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

welcome nick

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 02/08/2006 11:14 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Nick!

See you around the boards! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 02/08/2006 12:55 pm
(@nickgolledge)
Topic starter

Cheers for the welcomes guys. Having browsed round some of the threads everyone here seems really helpful and interested in what others are up to. Will post around various threads, hope to 'chat' with you all soon.

Nick

Posted : 02/08/2006 3:13 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to GuitarNoise, Nickgolledge! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 02/08/2006 11:07 pm