Notifications
Clear all

Novice player from NW Indiana

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@blueshoes)
Topic starter

I have never played a musical instrument in my 55 years. Have always loved acoustic guitar music and finally decided it was time to learn to play. A friend of mine has loaned me an Ovation Acoustic/Electric to give me an opportunity to learn more until I decide what guitar to buy for myself. I have signed up for lessons and they begin next week. I picked up a few books and ordered The Complete Idiot's Guide To Guitar by David Hodge. I recently retired so I have plenty of time to practice. After reading some of the posts here and trying to learn a few chords I realize this will take some time. I am determined to learn to play well enough to be able to play for friends and family and have fun doing it. There certainly is plenty of advice to be found on this forum , I am glad I found it. Well that's all for now ,wish me luck with my new hobby.

Posted : 04/01/2011 4:22 am
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

Hello from the UK!

This is a great, friendly forum and there are plenty of people in a very similar position to yourself on here. You sound like you have made a good start with the guitar you are using and definitely with 'The complete idiots guide....' so you are doing all the right things.

Good luck and enjoy :D

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 12/01/2011 12:18 pm