10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hi all, Ive just noticed this forum.
My names Paul and i'm from Wellington New Zealand, well just north of there really, (if you saw King Kong, Skull Island is just outside my living room window) and have been playing the acoustic guitar for about 3 years now. I'm also on the wrong side of 40. I play a Yamaha F310 and a Martin DX1. I joined GuitarNoise about a year ago mainly to participate in the Sunday Songwriters Forum. In that time I have written about 40 songs about 30 of which I have recorded which you can find on the links below if you're interested. I think GN is a great site for learning and participating so thanks all you senior guys for all the effort you put in. I enjoy participating in collaborations where people from all over the world can create music together with the help of digital technology, Internet and of course forums like GuitarNoise. After spending a lifetime of shying away from singing I have only recently discovered that I can actually sing (disclaimer: I don't claim to be a good singer) but then I don't have to make a living out of it, its all relative isn't it. I have a goal to do a live performance at an open mic so I'm working up to that but to be honest it scares the hell of me. My favourite musician at the moment is Jack Johnson. Ben Harper, Donavon Frankenreiter, James Blunt and David Gray also feature in my “I like” list.

Cheers

Paul

Check out my Reverbnation page here

Posted : 08/06/2006 11:09 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

You never "noticed" the forum.

ROFL

What are the F yamaha's like. I have the FG700S acoustic and I love it for strumming, but I'm looking at a 000 - size for fingerpicking and acoustic blues. Right now the Martin -000X1 is what I'm looking at right now.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

Posted : 08/06/2006 11:30 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I normally go directly to the SSG or SW forums by way of shortcuts on my desktop.
The F310 is really good value for money. Its just a little bit more expensive than entry level acoustics but what you get is a sound that you would normally pay hundreds of dollars more. Its has a very bright and cheeful tone, apparently the "F" stands for Folk. By comparison the Martin tends to be quite loud with more bass, for blues its probably better.

Paul

Posted : 08/06/2006 11:49 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, a late Welcome to GuitarNoise, Pbee! We look forward to seeing MORE of you around the forums! :D LOL!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 09/06/2006 12:01 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Paul, Nice to finally meet you :lol: Personally I think 48 is on the right side of 40 :D I've been trying to get up the nerve play at a open mic night also, I REALLY can't sing :oops: :oops: Maybe I can find someone to do that for me. A middle aged , bluesy Simon and Garfunkel maybe :lol: :lol:
I really love doing collaborations with you and others on this site and other places on the net :D As my wife would agree, It keeps me out of trouble :wink: and is lots cheaper than a bass boat--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 09/06/2006 12:47 am
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Gidday Paul how ya going mate :lol: :lol:

No such thing as the wrong side of 40 ....

I call it the naughty side of 40 .....

What all those teenagers are trying for the first time we have

BEEN THERE DONE THAT GOT THE TEE-SHIRT :lol: :lol:

Trevor

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 11/06/2006 4:45 am
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

hi :)

Posted : 11/06/2006 4:53 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Hi Paul!

8) Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 11/06/2006 2:32 pm
 pbee
(@pbee)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
duffmaster, good luck with the new guitar, a Martin is always going to be a good one.
Elecktrablue I've enjoyed the odd soiree in the Transfers thread it's a lot of fun linking everybody together, I've learnt quite a bit about some of those musicians that I've heard of over the years too.
smokindog, 48 ? your just a spring chicken mate. Ive had to rebuild my PC this weekend so Im still working on that vocal.
hilch, Ive just put some beers in the fridge so anytime your ready mate there's a cold one waiting for you.
bonzo & Dan, hi you guys

Posted : 11/06/2006 7:56 pm
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

bonzo & Dan, hi you guys

LOL

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...