Notifications
Clear all

really really really new here

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@westley23jyahoo-com)
Topic starter

some people go to forums like these, lurk around a bit and join after floating for a few months or a year. i was looking around online to answer questions i had about starting an online band and various questions i had about recording. after looking around on here, i was immediately impressed with the knowledge i have been reading. the forum i USED to go to for my answers (which shall remain nameless at this point) was filled with kids who didnt know a whole lot, thought their opinion was gold and no ones else's mattered, or were just trolling and had nothing useful to say.

from being on here for literally 15 minutes, i could tell posters were quite knowledgeable and seemed to genuinely want to help with questions the original poster may have had. i will have PLENTY of questions here and there and i hope i get the same informative responses i have been seeing in other posts.

anyway, my name is Jack. i am 27 and have been playing guitar for about 15 years. i currently have a couple PRS's and a Les Paul and play mainly a Breaking Benjamin type of hard rock. if you want to hear my stuff search for "option on hold" at soundcloud.com

i live in central PA and am currently looking for a bass player and singer for an online band. this isnt an ad for that, but if you come across someone, shoot them towards me. i look forward to tlaking to you guys on the forums and hopefully we can get some good info from each other!!! til then.....
JACK

Posted : 16/04/2011 1:52 am
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

the forum i USED to go to for my answers (which shall remain nameless at this point) was filled with kids who didnt know a whole lot, thought their opinion was gold and no ones else's mattered, or were just trolling and had nothing useful to say.
I played that game when I first started going to guitar forums about 3 years ago.... Most were a waste of time, and members pretty much made newbees learning feel like morons..

Paul B

Posted : 16/04/2011 10:34 am
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Hi Jack, welcome aboard and I'm sure that everyone will appreciate your compliments and thoughtful kind remarks. :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 16/04/2011 3:27 pm