Clear all

Tap-tap....Is this thing on?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@justmarc)
Topic starter

Ahem..Hey folks!
My name is Marc--upper 40-ish electrician from Eastern North Carolina. I suppose I'm not very different from most newbies here in that I've been trolling the GN pages for quite some time, and finally decided to introduce myself and start raking in on all the perks of being a member!
I've been playing music since the sixth grade. I started with drums, moved to bass in high school, and picked up my first acoustic in the early nineties. As I'm writing, I'm thinking that I should be a rock star by now, but no there's some serious broken time in between the different phases.
A couple years ago, I decided to get a little more serious about my playing...I've now got a modest collection of four guitars. There's the six-string Johnson (the beater I keep by the couch--always in tune and waiting for attention), a Washburn X-35 electric, a Briarwood 12-string acoustic, and my first really serious guitar (which is really why I'm writing--I had to brag to someone else!) a '52 Telecaster Custom re-issue....sweet! I have one amp--a Peavey Vyper 30. One day I plan on getting something more suitable to the Fender(suggestions?), but for now the Vyper is more than enough for my needs.
As far as my musical tastes are concerned, I would classify myself as musically confused. Just about anything that catches my ear is what I want to play. Which is why my repertoire consists of a few songs straight through, and a little bit of everything else. What catches my ear, you say? Well, classic rock (Zeppelin, AC-DC, Eagles, Rush, ZZ Top--the list is predictable), 90's rock, and a lot of rock and metal since. I just said Rock three times, maybe I'm not as confused as I think. However, trolling all of GN's pages and a slew of other pages have led me off to songs that I never would have considered before, and in an effort to learn some lead playing, I've been listening to a lot of Blues. It's all a learning experience.
Anyway, I would like to thank all of you for your wisdom, both in the past and in advance. I've learned a ton just reading the forums, and the lessons here on Guitar Noise have been extremely enlightening. And I promise that if I feel any of my own experience will help someone else out, I will most definitely share...
Thanks for listening!

--Marc

Posted : 27/01/2012 2:46 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Welcome aboard! Jut barely 50ish myself and a Classic Rock fan. Don't know how many guitars I have .... I'd have to count them. :oops:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 27/01/2012 7:33 pm
(@justmarc)
Topic starter

Thank you TR! I'm glad to get a response. I know a little about your eclectic collection--even the 'unmentionable' one posted in this thread... https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47484&p=448249&hilit=toilet+seat+guitar#p448249

That was a highlight in my day!

--Marc

Posted : 27/01/2012 10:39 pm