The New Meet and Greet Forum

10 Posts
10 Users
4 Likes
52.3 K Views
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter

Hello and welcome to Guitar Noise!

Paul Hackett (known on the forums as "Guitar Noise") should be making the first post here, but since I'm awake, I guess I'll step up and welcome you all.

This forum is to introduce yourself. And to let others welcome you to the Guitar Noise community.

I'm David Hodge ("dhodge" as you can see by my posting), "managing editor" of Guitar Noise. Also I write a number of the articles and lessons, put out the free newsletter (Guitar Noise News, which you can subscribe to on the home page), help moderate the forums and shamelessly promote my teachings and writings.

I live in western Massachusetts, in Berkshire County, in a very small town called South Egremont. My Internet service is a very slow dial up so doing things like downloading MP3s and such usually takes me days.

As far as the guitar is concerned, most of my history is already plastered all over the various lessons and guitar columns on this site. I've been playing since I was seventeen (my senior class was the one who discovered fire - in college we invented the wheel) and I play acoustic, electric, bass, banjo, mandolin, anything I can get my hands on. I play left handed, for what that's worth.

I sincerely hope that I can spend the rest of my life learning to become a better guitarist, musician and human being, but in reverse order.

Feel free to PM me anytime, or write me directly at:

[email protected]

And again, welcome to Guitar Noise. You'll find it the friendliest and most helpful community on the Internet. And that's not just concerning guitars - most of the folks here are the nicest people you can meet anywhere.

Peace

PS. We've brought the old "Meet and Greet" threads over from their original home at the "Guitar Noise Lessons" page. Feel free to renew acquaintances.

Peace

Posted : 01/01/2006 6:31 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Please make your own post to tell us who you are. Don't add on to this one or we'll lose you in the crowd. :D

Posted : 14/01/2006 1:44 pm
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)

Hey everyone, I'm Ken, new to the GuitarNoise forums and not so new with the guitar. I'm 52 and a late starter on guitar, if I remember correctly I started when I was about 38 ... but I'm into music since maybe 10 when I've learned a bit of classical piano and then drums at 13. Any music/band that plays good music is good for me, but "good" is a bit vague so as examples I like bands like: Splender (90ies band), Binocular (Kevin Rudolf 2001), Signal (1989), etc

Well, that's it for my intro here and i hope to be more active at the forums in the future :-) 👍 

Posted : 27/06/2020 11:14 pm
Judge and Judge reacted
(@chongjasmine)

Hi, I am chongjasmine from Singapore.

New to guitar.

Nice to meet you all!

Posted : 11/09/2020 4:46 am
 Waz
(@waz)

Hey everyone, new to Guitarnoise, I'm Warren (Waz), from Brisbane Australia.

Posted : 25/03/2021 7:31 pm
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I'm not exactly new - I think I was one of the first 100 members.  But I did lose access for the last couple of years, so now that I'm back I'll take the opportunity to re-introduce myself.

I've been a gigging guitarist for 46 years this coming summer, and I've been teaching guitar for 44 years next month.  Not quite 13 years ago I opened a music school that teaches all instruments, and we've managed to help our younger students make the all-state bands/orchestras/choirs every single year, including this past year, which had live virtual auditions.

Covid hasn't been kind to the music business, but most of the pros I know are still managing to cobble together a living out of it.

Anyway, I'm back, and looking forward to joining in the conversations!

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 03/04/2021 8:44 pm
(@alangreen)

Posted by: @noteboat

I'm not exactly new - I think I was one of the first 100 members.  But I did lose access for the last couple of years, so now that I'm back I'll take the opportunity to re-introduce myself.

I've been a gigging guitarist for 46 years this coming summer, and I've been teaching guitar for 44 years next month.  Not quite 13 years ago I opened a music school that teaches all instruments, and we've managed to help our younger students make the all-state bands/orchestras/choirs every single year, including this past year, which had live virtual auditions.

Covid hasn't been kind to the music business, but most of the pros I know are still managing to cobble together a living out of it.

Anyway, I'm back, and looking forward to joining in the conversations!

Welcome back to the party. It's been a lot quieter round here the past few years.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 06/04/2021 7:29 am
(@elgoulin)

Hello all! I'm new here. I am in a group and play acoustics, I want to share my music (The Wicker Man - Sentience) and hear your opinion)
I hope u enjoy it.

Posted : 29/11/2021 5:08 pm
jamescollins13
(@jamescollins13)

Hello everyone!
I'm new here, but I've been playing the guitar for about 10 years, though very rarely and self-taught. Now I've decided to get down to do it well :)
I have an acoustic and an electric guitar. I really want to learn how to play cool solos!

This post was modified 2 years ago by jamescollins13

Posted : 25/01/2022 7:53 am
(@richterguitar)

Hi everyone! My name's Jonathan Richter, I'm a classical guitarist and private teacher in Atlanta. I write in-depth articles about various guitar topics on my website. Most of the content I write is about classical guitar and flamenco guitar for beginners and intermediate players. However, I do write some articles that cover steel string topics from time to time 🙂 

I've found that a lot of people are interested in classical guitar but have no idea where to get started, especially when it comes to reading sheet music. It can be frustrating to see video after video of masterful performances but have no method or approach in place to develop those skillsets. I have a modest but steady YouTube channel that includes some of my favorite beginner and intermediate etudes. 

So if you're ever interested in learning about classical or flamenco guitar, please don't hesitate to reach out! Looking forward to learn from you as well.

Posted : 28/06/2022 8:56 am