Clear all

Yo, I'm new.

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@moresco)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey everyone, my name is Brent...or you can call me Moresco if you're a last name kind of person. I'm also known as theRedPress here and there, as I make music under this name. I've been playing electric guitar for sixteen years, acoustic for around three or maybe it's closer to four now, I forget. I sing too (or at least I try), have been doing it about two and a half years seriously. The style of my playing is a bit like progressive rock, and bands such as Coheed and Cambria are often cited as sounding like me. Even though they're currently my favorite band, I am not at all influenced by them except in the area of the voice. I can't think of anything else to say about that.

I'm originally from a place called Orange County, CA...there are tv shows about my home now, I recommend you do not watch them. That's just my opinion. But hey, a nice place to visit in reality, if you're into that.

Anyone wants to listen to my music, you're welcome to - I'm sure I'll throw a link in a signature or something later, if it's allowed here.

I'm also a huge fan of Davenport Cabinet! ...just throwing that out there. That's about it for me.
-Brent

-Brent
theRedPress

Posted : 01/02/2009 8:28 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 01/02/2009 10:46 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard Brent! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/02/2009 12:30 pm
(@moresco)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Twisted and Dan! =D I am glad to be aboard.

-Brent
theRedPress

Posted : 01/02/2009 2:09 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Hey, Brent, welcome to GN!

Doesn't really matter how long you've been playing, does it? There's always something new to learn....

And that's what GN's all about. You take a little, you put something back....and you've got lots to give, so your karma should be in the black! Looking forward to seeing you round the forums....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/02/2009 2:07 am