Clear all

1000th Post!

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter

For post number 1000, I just want to extend some thanks, and gratitude to Guitar Noise. It's actually more like 1400 posts, but the server crash of 2004, which has once again been getting alot of attention is responsible for those other ones.

It's been just over 4 years since and starting playing guitar, and just over 4 years that I joined here. There have been some people here who have helped me alot. Nick, David, Notebook, Musenfrued, Vic, Wes, Twisted, Twisty, Riccochet, and many others that have all helped in my progress. I think I have come along way in those 4 years.

I'm moving into the city in less then two weeks to start university, Political Science & French. I'm hoping to get an acoustic duo started in there too, so that I can get my music out on George Street.

Anyway, I'll have some songs up soon hopefully, I'm buying some more equipment next week.

So, thanks to Guitar Noise, and to all the people. It's been a pretty fun time!

Paul :D

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 21/08/2006 3:14 pm
(@alangreen)

A thousand posts? That's Grand

b'dum tish

David Hodge told me off last time I cracked that joke. It was when Nick posted his thousandth post. Seems so long ago now.....

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 21/08/2006 3:52 pm
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter

A thousand posts? That's Grand

b'dum tish

David Hodge told me off last time I cracked that joke. It was when Nick posted his thousandth post. Seems so long ago now.....

A :-)

Nice one Alan. I can't even remember a time of Nick having so few posts. I'd imagine I could barely get through "Horse With No Name" back then. Wow!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Posted : 21/08/2006 3:55 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

1000 posts? Get a life man. You don't want to end up like me, Tim and Alan.

Posted : 21/08/2006 5:35 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Mine should actually be 1800 or something , but its was my own...:oops:

Still these days , i feel better being on GN than previously i was.

Congrats Off_he_goes.Where's the party ?

Posted : 21/08/2006 5:44 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

1800? Well yes, but that was just the first three days.

Posted : 21/08/2006 5:52 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Yea , teaches not to take decisions in anger and egos.I have a lot to learn.GN has been quite a rollarcoaster experience.Now let me not hijack this thread and lets celebrate Paul's millenium :)

Posted : 21/08/2006 5:58 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Congrats OHG, i am humbled being mentioned in such an esteemed group.

#4491....

Posted : 21/08/2006 6:21 pm
(@davidhodge)

Congratulations, sir! And we wish you thousands of more.

More importantly, the best of luck with school this year. That's way more important than the number of posts you make.

And finally, remembering Nick's 1000th post isn't hard for someone who also can remember when MacDonald's boasted "over 2 million served." Or 4 cent postage stamps... :wink:

Peace

Posted : 21/08/2006 8:52 pm
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

hey - I was celebrating my 100th and full membership 8)

congrats!

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

Posted : 21/08/2006 10:38 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Denizen-tastic! :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 21/08/2006 10:54 pm