Skip to content
1930 NATIONAL STYLE...

Notifications
Clear all

1930 NATIONAL STYLE 1 ROUND NECK TRI (£3,000 )

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

Found this on Gumtree in London. These don't come up very often, so if anyone's interested here's the link and the blurb. There are photos on Gumtree.

http://www.gumtree.com/london/30/3812330.html

1930 National round neck tri - cone resonator guitar, Style 1, ( German silver - no engraving. ) 100% original including cones, tuners, frets, neck finish, decal, etc. V - shaped mahogany neck. Letters of appraisal from Gruhn Guitars and Vintage Nationals. S series serial number that according to Bob Brozman's "The History And Artistry Of National Resonator Instruments" dates it as manufactured in the first half of 1930. While expert dealers have described it as Exceptionally Fine and Vintage Mint there is a small amount of wear. There is the typical plating clouding on the hand rest and lower bout ( see photos, ) but it is relatively minor. There is a small surface scratch on the coverplate ( that won't show up in my photos, ) and a few tiny dents on the back of the neck that do not affect playability at all. Other than that it's a very clean, superb playing and sounding vintage National guitar. The case is also original but has seen better days, much better days. Therefore I will ship this guitar in a new National ( Datt ) case. More photos, information ( including appraisals ) available upon request

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 27/01/2006 11:17 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Way too high.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 27/01/2006 6:18 pm
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

It's England, course it's too high! But I want a squarenecked one anyways. A 14 fret round necked single cone on the other hand :D

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

Posted : 28/01/2006 5:20 pm