Skip to content
A bit of good news ...

Notifications
Clear all

A bit of good news for a change..............

25 Posts
22 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Great news, Vic! I'm glad to hear it's starting to get better! Keep after it and it'll just get better and better! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 06/10/2006 8:42 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

that's great news! keep at it!!

Posted : 06/10/2006 9:49 pm
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

I am happy for you! I love hearing stories of determination and unwillingness to surrender. Remember - you will have ups and down in your recovery........never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

Posted : 07/10/2006 7:44 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Glad to hear it!!!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 07/10/2006 8:52 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Happy to hear you playing more and more. You are truly inspirational. I hope I can take a page from your determination and buckle down a little more and accomplish some of my goals. I'm not even set back by a tremendous injury, just lazy, too much of the time whwn it comes to my guitar playing.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 07/10/2006 10:52 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Things are definitely getting better - I was discharged as an outpatient yesterday! The consultant says everything has healed nicely - still a bit of scar tissue, and still a bit of swelling, but those barre chords are coming faster.....

Anyway, for those who wish to see, this is what the hand looked like a few weeks ago.....

It does look a little better now.......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 11/10/2006 8:23 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

WTG Vic!

Dan

P.S. That hand looked nasty! :shock:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 11/10/2006 8:28 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

:shock: yow!
having worked with glass for over 20 odd years i have many tracks of stitches running over my hands but so far i've been blessed not to sever any important bits.
that looks as nasty as it sounded but a picture does reflect a bit more than a description.

glad to hear you are making progress.

#4491....

Posted : 11/10/2006 8:52 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Anyway, for those who wish to see, this is what the hand looked like a few weeks ago.....

Ouch!
What about us who don't want to see? ;)
Glad to hear it's healing!

LaRS

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 11/10/2006 8:59 pm
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

Update Sir Vic Lewis ...

I heard your latest recording mate ..

So the hand is mending then how long till you get more mobility in that hand ..

Will you be replacing the British Half back ( number 7 ) or will the hand still be too sore ?

Fancy betting on games that ya playing in ....

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

Posted : 13/11/2006 11:16 am
Page 2 / 2