Clear all

A small step for humanity...

34 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

But a huge step for me: yesterday I've finished the mastering phase of my first real album over at the Mailmen Studio. :D It took me way over a year, working for hours on it every day of the week, every week of the year, and this feels like the the biggest *(or rather: only!) archievement I've ever done. Not too much point in posting this but I just had to share with someone. ;)

So the next step is getting the artwork designed, printed, shipped, registered, reviewed etc etc so still lots of work to do but this probably is the biggest thing. I started music almost six years ago, joining GN on my first day and using this site as my #1 source of everything music related so I owe a big thanks to all the kind folks here. It's become a hollow phrase but really, I probably wouldn't have come this far, or anywhere, without you people. I could name people but so many here have helped me over the years I'm bound to slip up and miss one so I'll keep it at: thank you GuitarNoise community!. :D :D :D

Those interested in a copy: feel free to drop me a PM. To finance the printing (each euro I can get will lower the ammount I have to loan!) I'm taking pre-orders. The kind souls willing to help me out here will get the album faster and for less money, plus I'll send you a download link right away so you can already listen to it while I'm pressing it. I probably should practice my sales pitch a tad bit but there you go. :P

Thanks again everyone, and if anyone here is thinking of recording his/her own album feel more then welcome to PM me, I might have some usefull nuggest of info that might save a lot of time and frustration. :D

Posted : 04/02/2009 8:31 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I'm glad you posted this. I forgot to do the other day. I just paypall'd mine. (Is "Paypall'd" a word?)

Can't wait to hear it.

Roy

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 04/02/2009 8:39 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Sold!
Congrats, Arjen. 8)
A PM is on its way...
:)

Don

Posted : 04/02/2009 8:40 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys! 8)

Posted : 04/02/2009 9:21 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

thanks for thinking of guitarnoise and sharing your most excellent moment of achievement.
PM coming.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 05/02/2009 12:15 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Way to go Arjen! I just PM'd you. Can't wait for the final copy. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 05/02/2009 10:55 am
(@alangreen)

I'll have one too. PM should be with you now.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 05/02/2009 11:25 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wow, this is so cool! :shock: Thanks for helping me realise this people, it's insanely much appreciated! :D :D :D

Posted : 05/02/2009 1:16 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Next time you zip it, could you include the lyrics?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 05/02/2009 4:52 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

What!?

You didn't include :note1: She Won't Let Me In :note2: ?

KR2 (kidding) :mrgreen:

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 05/02/2009 5:08 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ken: I probably could have, I guess. :p I'll gather the lyrics and upload them here as soon as I';ve got them all together!

Posted : 05/02/2009 10:54 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I'll be listening to my downloaded copy this weekend for sure! 8)

Hope more people in our little online community lend their support too. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 06/02/2009 11:15 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I've finished it.This type of music has to be consumed with some volume, and I can only handle that in small doses. Listened to it a song or two at a time yesterday. I'm digging.

I've got someone in mind. but I'm very curious to hear from others who this album reminds them of. Haunting piano and tender vocals along with sound effects done from whatever the heck he felt like really come together well. I don't want to give too much away.

Ignar, one can hear all the work you put into this. The result is that you ended up with a professional quality CD. I'm not sure which sub-genre of alternative this fits in to (perhaps someone can enlighten me), but I do like that type of music.

It's very good.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 06/02/2009 12:25 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Congratulations Arjen! You are a most exellent musician. :mrgreen:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 06/02/2009 12:28 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 06/02/2009 2:13 pm