Clear all

Aaaarrrr, mateys!!!

13 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Fugget ye not, that tamarra agin be Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Hare's a leetle sumtin' ta git ye startid, aaarrr:

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/translator.html

Yer Mad Maggie

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 19/09/2007 4:00 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Ahoy Mad Maggie!

Well shiver me timbers, 'tis one of me favorite holidays! All ye land lubers had best conform or it be the plank for ye all!

Aarrrgh!

Dastardly Dan :twisted:

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 19/09/2007 10:34 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Polly wanta' Plectrum??? arrrrrgh.

#4491....

Posted : 19/09/2007 11:11 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Oy!

Oh, wait ... gotta work on that a bit ... Eye! No, not quite right ... oh yeah, AYE!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 19/09/2007 12:49 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Ahoy, I be slidin' on the plank terday.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 19/09/2007 1:20 pm
(@jimjam66)
Trusted Member

Avast ye! Finally there be a holiday that makes sense!! :D

Ah, what the heck - it's fun! Wait! Billions of Blue Blistering Barnacles, that be not pirate-talk!

Is Captain Haddock-speak acceptable??

David

Posted : 19/09/2007 2:36 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Ye had best be slidin' on yer plank in private, ye scurvy dog! Th' rest of us don't want to see that!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 19/09/2007 3:30 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Ye had best be slidin' on yer plank in private, ye scurvy dog! Th' rest of us don't want to see that!
HarrrHaaarrrrrHaaarrrrrr!!! Dar be no toppin' such a scummymouth'd comment as ye ha' made naw, Slej.

Whar' be th' Ragin' Rahul on this most auspicious o'days? He be a scurvy mate, fer sher.

Mad Maggie

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 19/09/2007 7:59 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

ever notice how you never see rahul and nick at a party? hmmmm

#4491....

Posted : 20/09/2007 1:31 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Arg...There be some fire in me poop deck this morn! :shock:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 20/09/2007 2:14 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sooo.........there's this English privateer, sailing the seven seas - as they used to do back in the old pirate days. It's been quiet for a couple of days. Then the midshipman cries out, "Jolly Roger on the starboard bow!" The crew looks to the captain - the captain turns to the cabin boy and says, "Boy, fetch me my red shirt!"

So the cabin boy fetches the red shirt - the captain dons it, and is soon in the thick of the action, cutlass a-flying. The pirates are repelled.

The next day, all's quiet till around noon - then the cry goes up, "Jolly Roger on the Starboard Bow! Jolly Roger on the Port Bow!" The crew looks to the captain - the captain turns to the cabin boy and says, "Boy, fetch me my red shirt!"

So the cabin boy fetches the red shirt - the captain dons it, and is soon in the thick of the action, cutlass a-flying. The pirates are repelled.

That night, while the men are drinking the daily grog ration on deck, the cabin boy has the temerity to approach the captain...."Cap'n sir," he asks, "Why do you call for the red shirt when fighting pirates?"

"Well lad," the captain answers in a kindly tone, "it's like this - as master of this vessel it's my duty to set my men a good example. If I'm wearing my red shirt, my men can pick me out in the heat of battle - and if I'm wounded, the blood doesn't show. Good for morale, see?"

Word soon passes around the quarterdeck around the men as to how brave the captain is - they vow to lay down their lives for such a brave captain at his command, if need be. So the next day, when the cry goes up "Jolly Roger on the Starboard Bow! Jolly Roger on the Port Bow! Jolly Rogers aft! Jolly Rogers fore! Cap'n, there be eight - no, nine, no ten, no, a dozen of them! What shall we do, cap'n?"

The men turn expectantly towards the captain - he turns to the cabin boy and says, "Bring me my red shirt!" and as the men cheer loudly, adds quietly for the cabin boy, "and my brown trousers......."

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/09/2007 11:01 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

They must have been standing on the poop deck aaah matey!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 25/09/2007 5:34 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Aaaarrrhhhhsssgggdddhhhhh fokeys, life ain't be easy fr me nowadays. Bt with you mateysss me trying to catcha up.

Goin' to playyy' my guitah when i m donee with tha haaapooon....

Posted : 28/09/2007 11:25 am