Clear all

Absolute Beginner Lessons

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I was just curious if the "Absolute Beginner" series of lessons will ever be completed.  The first one, Chords, is dated 9/22/02, and as an absolute newbie I found it extremely useful.  The article said there would be more lessons, including the second one which would include strumming and plucking techniques, but it has not been posted.

Are there any plans to finish these lessons?  They are great for beginners such as myself.

Thanks very much!

Posted : 01/10/2003 3:09 am
(@davidhodge)

Hi Kyle

I'm working on them! Unfortunately, I've also been involved with a lot of other things going on in my life right now (check out the newsletters for more on this). If all goes well, I'll have the entire cycle of Absolute Beginners lessons done over the fall/winter.

Peace

Posted : 01/10/2003 12:59 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

David, don't you think there are plenty of folks around here that could try to do the 'absolute beginners' lessons instead of you? Seems a bit silly to have you write everything when there are plenty of other people who could write down the basics for beginners.

Not sure if there are any rules about this, but you seem to be busy enough as is :D

Posted : 08/10/2003 3:56 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Ya know, I've been thinking, do we have any bio-chemists out here in the forums.  Preferable ones who don't fall under UN regulations (or whatever governing body).  Genetic cloning is the perfect solution.  See, we clone David.  Aw, what the heck, make two more.  One could write beginning lessons, one write intermediate lessions, and one read all the hundreds of daily emails.  I think we're gonna have to get Paul's approval for this, though.

:o

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 08/10/2003 5:02 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

first you'll need a hair sample...

Posted : 08/10/2003 8:43 pm
(@estambre)
Estimable Member

We could even have our own copy of David sent to us...
No need for CDs, not even most of Guitar Noise.

That would really be totally in compliance with my suggestions on adapting the syllabus to the students' needs.

I suggest we have a vote on this.

Posted : 17/10/2003 1:57 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Oh God yes Please Please Send me a dave, or six!
Your Lessons have helped me so much.

Absoulte Beginner Pet

Posted : 12/01/2004 12:36 am
(@alangreen)

Will the management please confirm that David Hodge is not a real person, but a top-secret supercomputer that Paul plugs in and switches on whenever we need a real top-class killer lesson.

I think we should be told.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 13/01/2004 1:55 pm
(@davidhodge)

In the immortal words of Curly Howard, "Hey! I resemble that remark!"

Seriously, would (could? should?) a computer stoop as low for humor as I?

Peace

Posted : 13/01/2004 10:27 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I just put a DH on my Christmas list.  Can't wait until my clone arrives.  I don't think Paul set a price on them but I suspect, with the plethora of demand, Paul will be the marketing entrepreneur of the century.  I can see him drivin' a Rolls and smokin' $40,000 Cuban cigars real soon.   8)

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 13/01/2004 11:48 pm
(@olive)
Estimable Member

Hasn't Hollywood taught you guys anything??!!  Cloning never works out as planned.  Haven't you see Multiplicity?  Or Star Wars?

Sure it might start out as a simple plan to have a few extra Daves around, but next thing you know the wrong guy winds up in charge.  Now we're under the tyrannical rule of James Earl Jones' voice and our only hope is whiney nephew of a moisture farmer.

For the safety of the galaxy, I think it's best if we just stick with the original Dave.  

;D

"My ex-boyfriend can't tell me I've sold out, because he's in a cult, and he's not allowed to talk to me." --Dar Williams

Posted : 14/01/2004 5:08 am
(@corbind)
Noble Member

okay Olive, in the name of World peace and harmony, I'll take my personal Dave off the list   :'(   and stick with the original.    8)

Posted : 14/01/2004 9:09 pm