Clear all

My new site guitarsampling.com

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi there every one, i have been away for a while, first of all i moved to Milwaukee WI to be with my finace (soon to be wife), and second of all i started up my own guitar web site called http://www.guitarsampling.com please have a  look and tell me what you think

Never turn your back on friends.

Posted : 21/01/2004 3:15 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Cool. I'll give it a look when I have more time to browse.  ;D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 21/01/2004 3:17 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Congratulations!
Isn't it chilly up there in Milwaukee?

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 21/01/2004 5:43 pm
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Darn you Musen!  (or should i call you tim, or Mr Tim?  Whatever :-X) I had written a mini-review of the site and it when i hit post... Topic has been locked...  

Anyways i liked the site.  Nice clean look.  My mouth watered over the front page's guitar.  I like the way you (or whomever) wrote the info about the lessons.  Made me wanna buy them.  Cant though, saving up :-/.  

aka Izabella

Posted : 21/01/2004 5:47 pm
(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

Hey Samer,

Welcome to Wisconsin. Might as well just go out and buy your cheese hat and be done with it ;D. I'm about 50 miles north of you. And yes it is a little chilly around here.

Nice web site. I put in a bid on the Beatles book. Do you think that the theory lessons could teach even me?

I wanted to learn to play guitar really badly and I think that I have succeeded.

Posted : 21/01/2004 6:00 pm
(@samer_sultan)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I wrought all the lessons, and the way i wrought them was the way i would like some one to teach me music theory.

I spent years in school learning it, and i can teach it to you in a way that makes sense on the guitar.

Never turn your back on friends.

Posted : 21/01/2004 6:32 pm
(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

Good enough for me.

I'll give it a try.

I wanted to learn to play guitar really badly and I think that I have succeeded.

Posted : 21/01/2004 7:04 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Darn you Musen!  (or should i call you tim, or Mr Tim?  Whatever :-X) I had written a mini-review of the site and it when i hit post... Topic has been locked...  

Anyways i liked the site.  Nice clean look.  My mouth watered over the front page's guitar.  I like the way you (or whomever) wrote the info about the lessons.  Made me wanna buy them.  Cant though, saving up :-/.  

The topic's open -- you should be able to post it here.  Hit your back button, copy it, and paste it into a response here.

It would be great to have the review.  Sorry for my bad timing on moving it to News!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 21/01/2004 7:13 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Don't want to be pedantic (you know you do, go on, admit it) but the word is "wrote" not "wrought"

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 21/01/2004 7:53 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Don't want to be pedantic (you know you do, go on, admit it) but the word is "wrote" not "wrought"

Oh, I'm not sure I agree.  If he put lot of time and effort into his lessons (as opposed to my one-shot-wonders), then he might consider them "well crafted" which would make "wrought" appropriate - I think  ::)

-Laz

Posted : 21/01/2004 8:27 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm   :-[ ??? :-/

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 21/01/2004 8:44 pm
(@billybenbob)
Trusted Member

WOW!
I learned two new words today.

wrought and pedantic

Posted : 21/01/2004 8:46 pm
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Oh, I'm not sure I agree.  If he put lot of time and effort into his lessons (as opposed to my one-shot-wonders), then he might consider them "well crafted" which would make "wrought" appropriate - I think  ::)

-Laz

wrought

( archaic )  
Past tense of  work
Past participle of  work

adjective  

1. made carefully or decoratively: made in a skillful or decorative way ( often used in combination )
a delicately wrought ebony screen

2. relating to decorative metalwork: used to describe decorative metalwork shaped by hammering and welding

Word Usage

Correct and incorrect contexts:

As the term wrought iron suggests, wrought is a past tense not of wreak but of work. Confusion is perhaps inevitable, because wreak means “inflict, vent, cause,” and work, too, can mean “cause,” among many other things. Furthermore, work has the additional, and far more common, past tense worked. Wrought is seen in only a few, rather specialized situations such as ones relating to metalwork, and the set phrase What hath God wrought (used by Samuel Morse in the first successful test of the telegraph). Wrought havoc, however, is not correct; it should be wreaked havoc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I think Greybeard was correct in his original assessment. :)

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

Posted : 21/01/2004 8:52 pm