Clear all

Alan's Lean Green Teaching Machine

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

Yeeeee ha!

The machine trundles on. Last Saturday I took my first class at one of the Essex music schools. Mostly electric guitar students, with one learning bass. Four hours each week.

Today I got asked if I could take on another regular school, so I start there tomorrow. Six more students.

And finally, I got a call from one of my regular schools asking if I could take on another student with them. I can and I have, but that means I'm now....wait for it.... full, yes, completely full, on Wednesday mornings. Rock and roll.

Her indoors is well pleased. We might even be able to eat this week.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 18/01/2010 3:28 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Alan, eating is overrated so don't worry about it too much.

Congrats on the teaching though sounds like 2010 is going to be a good year for you!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 18/01/2010 3:37 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Congrats! Glad things are taking off for you.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 19/01/2010 2:04 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

"I'm a lean green teacher from Finchingfield, and I'm BAAAAD (yes I'm BAAAAD!!!!)"

Sorry, Alan, couldn't resist that one.....but congrats, great to hear everything's working out nicely for you!

:D :D :D :D :D

Vic

(And if anyone didn't get the reference, try singing it in a Levi Stubbs voice......)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 19/01/2010 10:49 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! That's something you've worked very hard for.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 20/01/2010 11:53 am
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

It turned out to be 7 more students in the end - the School got another one signed up overnight

I won't tell you what their previous teacher had been trying to get them doing; professionalism forbids (know what I mean)

I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 20/01/2010 10:05 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I won't tell you what their previous teacher had been trying to get them doing; professionalism forbids (know what I mean)

Not...

Smoke on the water? :shock:

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 21/01/2010 4:28 pm
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

Sounds great Alan! Hope your teaching becomes even more full time!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 22/01/2010 10:43 am
(@alangreen)
Topic starter

Not...

Smoke on the water? :shock:
"Smoke on the water" is being replaced by "Peaches" and "Personal Jesus" at all schools I teach :lol: :lol:

Posted : 22/01/2010 10:20 pm