April Fools Jam

51 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Details....
Sunday 2pm (tbc - pls post if this is good/bad for you)
Bring own beer/drinkage, there will be food but bring some of that too if you want.
And I'll charge my camera
(more to come later, so keep checking back - oh, and if you haven't done so already, pls post the songs your bringing charts for - handwritten charts will do fine)

First off, it isn't on April Fools Day.

Second, it's hapenning the weekend after and no, I haven't forgotten. My place. So post if you're planning to come, and let me know which day you prefer - Saturday or Sunday? Tho I warn you I'll likely be out from about 8pm on Sunday. Looking to make it an afternoon affair anyway, say from about 2pm or so (tbc pending ppl posting)? Also, pick some songs you'd like to do and prep charts for them so we have something to read off (ideally those nice chords-separated-by-bar-lines-with-lyrics-above things, tho I'll take a crack at anything you throw me....just don't blame me if it turns out terribly, lol)

Third, thinking mostly acoustic on this one - my Marshall works fine, but my Blues Jr is in dire need of new tubes and my pocket is in dire need of cash since starting lessons in jazz, so......if you must bring your electric, can you try to also bring an amp please? Practice amp will do fine. Otherwise, you can play, but it'll be like space (we wont be able to hear you).

If someone brings a bass, we can run that through the Marshall on "quiet" (Nigel Tufnell tells me this is any number other than 11).

And if you need to know where I live, you're prolly too far away, or don't know me well enough to be here. But seriously, get in touch and I'll see what I can do.

Finally - Vic, you have to come. I still have your tuner. :roll:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 26/03/2010 9:30 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

The weekend after - so Sat 3rd/Sun 4th? Surprisingly, my diary's empty both days... :cry:

Sounds fine to me.....wonder if the tuner'll still recognise me? :lol: It used to light up every time I whistled.....

Think I could manage to bring the Tele & the Cube amp - train and taxi means I'll only have to lug it for five minutes to the station! That OK with you?

Looking forward to it - I'll PM you in the AM!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 26/03/2010 11:11 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Tele plus Cube sounds fine. :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 27/03/2010 12:15 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Gee, I'd like to show...but, alas.

I have no address, or plane tickets. :twisted:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 27/03/2010 1:18 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

let's see. I turn right at the North Atlantic but if I see the North Sea I've gone too far.
have a great jam.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 27/03/2010 1:51 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

let's see. I turn right at the North Atlantic but if I see the North Sea I've gone too far.
have a great jam.

INTERVIEWER - "How did you find America?"

RINGO - "We turned left at Greenland!"

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 27/03/2010 1:54 pm
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

April fool's jam - is that one with no fruit in it?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 27/03/2010 2:37 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Could be related to Kentucky jelly.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 27/03/2010 3:53 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

you guys sort plane tix, and I'll beep you the address... :wink:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 27/03/2010 4:28 pm
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

hello scrybe, when you say the wekend afrer april fools - do you mean the immediate weekend of the 3rd and 4th, like vic said, or the 10th and 11th.

if its the 3/4th im afraid i cant make it. it is the wifes birthday on the friday 2nd, and i have gigs on the friday and sat night, so she may just leave me if i agree to a jam that weekend (actually - i could do with a bit of piece and quiet - maybe i will come :lol: )

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

Posted : 28/03/2010 12:02 am
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

no, no, we organised it for the weekend you're free - I remember you saying your wife's birthday was that weekend, so we agreed on the weekend after her b'day. my bad, shoulda picked up on that when Vic posted. :oops:

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 28/03/2010 12:08 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

no, no, we organised it for the weekend you're free - I remember you saying your wife's birthday was that weekend, so we agreed on the weekend after her b'day. my bad, shoulda picked up on that when Vic posted. :oops:

So it's the 10th or 11th then? I'm still free.....

Vic

Posted : 28/03/2010 10:42 am
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

I'm free both days :D So its totally up to you. I will be driving, so i need an address for my sat-nav.

I will bring my acoustic, and if you have room for it, my tele and Vox?

I'll sort out a few songs that are good on bothe the acoustic and electric front too if you like. Got a few i'd like to try.

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

Posted : 30/03/2010 1:54 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I will bring my acoustic, and if you have room for it, my tele and Vox?

I'll sort out a few songs that are good on bothe the acoustic and electric front too if you like. Got a few i'd like to try.

yes, yes, yes. And yes. and charts would be useful. if at all obscure, posting youtube vid links or somesuch here so we can cop a listen might also be useful.

So far, I think we have...
Me
Vic
Wattsiepoops
Alman
Darth Ordinary

Have I forgotten anyone?

Oh, and Vic, can you sing Witing For Nancy? I mean, it is tradition and all... :wink:

I'm leaning towards Saturday right now, just let me confirm with a couple things I got going on tho.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

Posted : 30/03/2010 2:19 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Do you have a British/Mersey translation for Nancy?

"Quarters, nickels, dimes, no contribution too small to turn down."

Have fun!

Posted : 30/03/2010 3:29 pm
Page 1 / 4