Bad Worm going around!!!

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

They say the worm is attacking Windows 2000. I've heard MANY systems around the world are being affected.

At work today, I received an e-mail stating that I had to follow the instructions in the attachment if I did not want my e-mail service to be terminated.

The mail was addressed as “in house” mail, i.e., service@”my company's web address”. Of course I did not open it.

Window's say they have a patch for it on there site.

Just be careful everyone. It's out there. Don't open anything that looks suspicious (which should be a given but I'll say it anyway).

Mike

Posted : 17/08/2005 8:48 pm
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

Get the patch, get the antivirus update, and you should be set for a few days. Supposedly they're releasing several variations of it, but I dont remember where I read that.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

Posted : 17/08/2005 10:58 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Thanks for the warning Mike. I'll pass this info on to everyone in my office so someone doesn't accidentally open something just because they think it's from our in-house support.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 18/08/2005 1:51 am
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

No better time to switch to Linux. 8)

Posted : 18/08/2005 10:24 pm
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

The virus wasn't going thru e-mail, it was attacking open ports that were vulnerable due to MS sloppy coding. I have been working 14-16 hr. days all week because of this crap.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 19/08/2005 8:22 pm
(@blackzerogsh)
Prominent Member

My dad's offices at Air France in JFK were all shut down because the company is dumb and never opted to change to windows xp, despite how good it is compared to 2000

Posted : 19/08/2005 11:07 pm