Clear all

Charlie Watts

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

So sad to read about Charlie Watts having cancer......but happy to read it's treatable........

Charlie is one of the al-time greats....

"Charlie's good tonight, innee?" - Mick on the Get your Ya-Yas out live LP from '69.......

well yeah, he always was.....

Get well soon, Charlie.....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 18/08/2004 12:55 pm
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

I second that! Saw that a couple days ago.

Doesn't he strike you as the kind of fella you could sit down at a coffee shop and chat with? Not about the Stones, but just stuff?

Posted : 18/08/2004 4:58 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Yeah, you could sit down and have a cuppa tea - or coffee - withCharlie and talk about , eg, cricket......or anything else - he's so cool he makes the iceberg that ran into the Titanic look sweaty.....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 18/08/2004 6:32 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

I think in many ways he's been the glue that's held the band together during tough times. Didn't someone (Keith or Mick?) once say he's the true gentleman of the group?
Yes, his prognosis is quite good according to the reports.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 18/08/2004 7:08 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Read a story a while back about Charlie and Mick that went something like this: Seems Mick was doing his usual prospecting and posturing for groupies and introduced Charlie as "his drummer." Charlie retired to the hotel room and later was awakened as Mick returned with a couple of the nights "winners." The irrate Watts punched out Mick saying something like, "I'm not his drummer, he's my f***ing singer."

Wishing him a quick and complete recovery.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 19/08/2004 3:58 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Charlie's always been so cool, calm, and collected behind his set, but I think I have heard some tale of him refering to Mick as "his Singer". I wish him speedy recovery as well. The Passage of Time Takes No Prisoner and We All Travel the Passage.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 21/08/2004 3:55 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Some good news for a change......looks like Charlie's beat the cancer, according to today's paper.....been given the all clear......and Mick and Keith have written a load of new songs, and it looks like a new album and a world tour are on the cards......

"Charlie's good tonight, innee?"

yep........!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Posted : 02/10/2004 4:48 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I was so glad to hear Charlie's doing well. Let's kepp him in our thoughts and prayers.

Celt

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 04/10/2004 10:37 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

8) 8) Those guys can still rock with the best of them. I think there live shows are better now than they were 30 years ago :!:

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 08/10/2004 8:55 pm