Notifications
Clear all

Clapton Autobiography

22 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

I dont mean to jack the thred but what happened to your profile Vic when I would click your user name it would say "this user does not exist" or someing to that effect.

Posted : 19/01/2008 2:16 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I dont mean to jack the thred but what happened to your profile Vic when I would click your user name it would say "this user does not exist" or someing to that effect.

Ummmm....let's just say real life got in the way for a while. Splitting up with your partner (after ten years together) around Xmas causes all sorts of complications....but we're back together now. My guitars were all in hock as well, but thankfully I got them back today. Well - at least I got the Tele back, and the SPT acoustic. I'm down to those two and the old Squier Tele now.....everything else has been sold off to pay (A) rent and (B) debts.

Sighhhhhh.....but at least I've got the tele back.

And a big thanks to Nick and Elecktra (and everyone else who e-mailed/phoned) for being supportive and understanding!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 19/01/2008 3:16 am
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

That is awful man. I wish you the best man.

Posted : 19/01/2008 3:19 am
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

My guitars were all in hock as well, but thankfully I got them back today. Well - at least I got the Tele back, and the SPT acoustic. I'm down to those two and the old Squier Tele now.....everything else has been sold off to pay (A) rent and (B) debts.

Sighhhhhh.....but at least I've got the tele back.
Vic
I've seen this quote variously attributed, but it doesn't matter who originally said it.
The truth is:

If It Ain't Been In A Pawn Shop, Then It Can't Play The Blues

enjoy your newly anointed blues guitars.
It sounds like you have earned the "right" to write a handful of blues songs.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 20/01/2008 4:30 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I too got this "book" for Christmas. It's in qoutes because it's actually a book on CD (I think, havn't opened it yet :P ) and as such, I have yet to take a "listen" to it, as I've never...read/heard a book on CD/tape before. I love reading, I read all the time, so I'm not sure why (insert loved one) went with the 'on CD' version instead of the actual book...But, maybe I'll take a listen over the next few days.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 20/01/2008 8:39 am
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I got it for Xmas too - the book version, that is. I enjoyed it a lot, learned a few things about how some of those tunes were written, and it's now making the rounds of my guitar-playing friends.

I wasn't aware there was also an audio book - but there was a CD released at the same time... it's just a retrospective of his career, songs rather than stories.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

Posted : 20/01/2008 12:08 pm
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I got it for Xmas too - the book version, that is. I enjoyed it a lot, learned a few things about how some of those tunes were written, and it's now making the rounds of my guitar-playing friends.

I wasn't aware there was also an audio book - but there was a CD released at the same time... it's just a retrospective of his career, songs rather than stories.

lmao, that may be what I have then. I'll have to check when I get back to Philly.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 20/01/2008 8:25 pm
Page 2 / 2