Clear all

Clapton tickets

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

My 17 year old son has been really getting into Clapton's stuff (see Hear, Hear for our cover of Wonderful Tonight) lately and he was very excited when he saw that Clapton's tour was stopping in Nashville in February. I've never gotten the chance to see E.C. live either. Plus, Roger Daughtry is going to be with him and I am a huge fan of The Who. So, I've just purchased 2 tickets in the nosebleed section to see Slowhand on February 27. This should add some points to my "coolest dad in history" score. :D

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 22/01/2010 4:04 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Way to go, Pops!

EC makes his way through here most of the time, but I've yet to see him. He had Robert Cray and Derek Trucks with him the last time. I regret not catching that show.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 23/01/2010 12:21 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

E.C. is awesome in concert!
Saw him twice once in the '70s and again in the '90s.

You guy's are going to have a great time.

Don't forget we want a full review.

:note1: :note1: :note1:

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 24/01/2010 2:41 am
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Way to go, Pops!

EC makes his way through here most of the time, but I've yet to see him. He had Robert Cray and Derek Trucks with him the last time. I regret not catching that show.

I saw that one at the Garden. Best show ever. Even better than the Who, somehow, which was an amazing show as well.

jwmartin,

It's Daltrey, by the way. And it should be awesome. What is he doing touring with EC? Sort of a weird combo. Congrats on getting tickets, I'd love to see him again before he finally croaks :P

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

Posted : 14/02/2010 2:25 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member
Topic starter

It's Daltrey, by the way.

Wow, I didn't see that I had misspelled that. I knew the right way, my fingers just didn't cooperate :D

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 14/02/2010 3:51 am