CPTV show need help

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I was watching one of the CPTV channels Sunday night around 9 - 9:30 PM and there was supposed to be a band called Mano Chao on at 9 but there was another band on that I didn't catch the name and I thought they were pretty cool.

The lead singer had kind of long curly hair under a hat he wore and played an acoustic there was also a latin girl to his left that played percussion another guitar and bass.

I really want to find out who they were but have no idea of the name. I've been checking CPTV schedule but not having any luck. It could have been an Austin City Limits show not sure.

If anyone knows the name of the band I'd appreciate it

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 28/06/2011 2:48 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

CPTV?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 28/06/2011 3:02 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Sorry Kent I think it's Connecticut Public TV but the Austin City Limits show is on most public TV channels in the US. The only way I am going to find this band is if I see a picture of them. I tried looking at the public TV site but nothing yet.

Posted : 28/06/2011 6:42 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Hmmm. I see your problem.
It seems very few TV channels have previous days schedules on their web sites.

If it's any help, my local (well, North Dakota) PBS station played the Manu Chao episode of Austin City Limits this past weekend.

You might try to find last weekend's newspaper (at the library?) and see if the TV schedule from there gives you any clues.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 29/06/2011 12:33 am
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

The problem is I turned it on to see what Manu Chao was all about and saw this band. The Manu show was playing at 9:00 PM Sunday but I was watching this band and it was about 9:30 so I was confused. They never said the name and then the Manu show came on. It was like they were somehow off schedule and there's no mention of it on any Public TV website that I can see. They have pictures of all the bands that played Austin City Limits and they aren't on it. I tried looking at bands from Soundsatge also and no luck.

Posted : 29/06/2011 1:42 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Ok I finally found out who the band was. We had practice Friday night and after practice I turned on CPTV by accident and the same concert was playing again.

It was actually taped at a place right here in CT called Infinity Music Hall which I have to get up to one of these days.

Anyway the band was Rusted Root which I had heard before but never paid much attention to, but after seeing them in concert I'm gonna have to listen to more of their stuff.

Posted : 22/08/2011 1:40 pm
(@alangreen)

These guys?

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rusted+root&aq=1&oq=rusted

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 22/08/2011 5:20 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member
Topic starter

those be the guys

Posted : 22/08/2011 6:23 pm