Skip to content
GIG REPORT - Wildey...

Notifications
Clear all

GIG REPORT - Wildeye @ Deer Creek Rec Club (Plainfield)

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

This past Saturday night I reunited with my old bandmates in Wildeye for a one-time reunion gig @ Deer Creek Recreational Club (Plainfield IL). We've been rehearsing together since April and the other guys haven't played a gig since we disbanded back in 2007. When I arrived the drums and stage lights were all set up already. This time we had the banner up and LED lights all around that I've never seen before. Dave (bass) said he picked up the lights and the lighting truss for some ridiculously cheap amount. HOLY COW!!! This looked alot better than we EVER had back in the day (simple 4-Can lights on tripods) and those were like $500 back then.

So we got all set up, we all had wireless units so we all stood out in front of the stage and adjusted the levels and we were ready to play. Started out ok, I think the 5th song was Johnny B Goode and the bass player and I started in Bb, the other guitar player starts in Ab. I thought it was the bass player from hearing it so I showed him what I was playing and I'm looking at his fret board and it looks right...but it doesn't sound right. After about ¾ of the way through the guitar player figured out it was him and corrected. Boy did THAT one sound “off”. To sum up the night...we sounded like a band that hasn't played together in years and practiced for a couple of months prior to the gig...basically hit & miss. But it was fun. Had a great (supportive) crowd and I received some nice comments Sat night...& not all about my playing...:shock: After discussing with the band will be the last time we play together. It was just too time consuming for everyone involved.

This Monday (7/4) I'm playing again w/LIFE IS DRAMA, this time @ Channahon Community Park (23200 W McClintock Rd, Channahon IL). You can bring the kids to this outdoor event!!! I like playing to the “young” crowd they get SOOO into it. We play from 6:30pm-9:30pm.

Thanks for reading/commenting & KEEP ROCKIN' !!!!

Tommy Gunz

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 28/06/2011 6:42 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Always enjoy reading your gig reports, Tom and as for "keep rockin'" - back at'cha!

Missing a set list, though, or at least the highlights?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 29/06/2011 10:48 pm
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Here's the Setlists Vic:

Set 1
Can't Get Enough - Bad Co
Move It On Over - George Througood???
Breakup Song - Greg Kihn
Old Time Rock & Roll - Bob Segar
Johnny B Goode - Chuck Berry (My Marty McFly version (Back to the Future) w/LOTS of "air guitar" players in the crowd accompanying me w/this one :D
Sugar Daddy - (I never heard this song before, but it was country)
Tequila Sunrise - Eagles
Sharp Dressed Man - ZZ Top
Turn the Page - Bob Segar
Bad Moon Rising - CCR
All Right Now - Free
Freebird - Skynard

Set 2
Mustang Sally - Everybody
Don't Bring Me Down - ELO
Hard To Handle - Black Crowes
Bad Case of Lovin You - Robert Palmer
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet
Folsum Prison - Johnny Cash
Stuck in the Middle w/You - Stealers Wheel?
Taking Care of Business - BTO
Rockin' In the Free World - Neil Young
No Matter What - Badfinger
Gimme 3 Steps - Skynrd
Rock n Roll - Zepplin
What I Like About You/R.O.C.K in the USA (same song, different lyrics) Romantics/John Mellencamp

Set 3
Cocaine - Eric Clapton
Wreck Me - Tom Petty
Keep Your Hands To Yourself - Georgia Satellites
Show Me The Way - Peter Frampton
Family Tradition - Hank Williams Jr
The Shake - Neil McKoy
I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick
Gimme All Your Lovin - ZZ Top
Wully Bully/Mony Mony
Its My Life - Bon Jovi

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 30/06/2011 7:23 pm