24 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone.

I have some exciting news to share with you.

Starting today our local fair is in town for 10 days. We have a huge facility and it has been one of the biggest crowd draws since I can remember. I've been going to the fair since my kid days....ummm let's stop at 40+years of attending. :oops:

We have a huge Grandstand facility on the grounds that also serves as a half mile and quarter mile oval dirt track for any kind of motorsports racing.

In the infield they set up one monster of a stage and every night there is a different music act. This year the Sunday night performance will be by Chris Cagle. The expected and average draw for these concerts is between 15 and 20 thousand people.

Last year my band at the time was Hap Hazard. We setup outside the grandstand in the "beer tent" (whooppee :roll: ) to play for all the drunks and deadbeats that won't spend the money for the real show.

This year since I'm not in Hap Hazard, I'm pretty sure I won't be playing the beer tent. :wink:

We (DLH Band) didn't have any plans or gigs schedule until the 18th of August. (Couple weeks off is good).Well, I got an email last night from the booking agent and in fact we do have a gig scheduled for this weekend.

We are the opening act for Chris Cagle.

We will be in the big stage in front of those 15-20,000 people...... :shock: ..................mommy?

So, I'm going to be spending the rest of the week practicing the song list for the show and getting my new drums all ready for their debut. I'll report back after the gig and hopefully have some images or vids to show you. :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 31/07/2007 12:43 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

OMGOMGOMG.
But who is Chris Cagle?

Posted : 31/07/2007 12:51 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Great News Man!

#4491....

Posted : 31/07/2007 12:56 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

OMGOMGOMG.
But who is Chris Cagle?

Hmmm I don't know, either. :wink: I come from a rocknroll background. But I know a lot of people have his CD's and are excited for us so I thought I'd share. :D

Bish

Posted : 31/07/2007 1:02 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

I KNOW Chris Cagle. He's not bad.. But more importantly. Thats AWSOME and congrats.

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 31/07/2007 1:21 pm
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

Congrats man. Show 'em how it's done!

Posted : 31/07/2007 2:19 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Thanks, Geoo, Bgdaddy316 and TL!

I just found out we missed the big night....Big and Rich will be on stage Saturday night and Poison will be there on Friday night so we do have some fairly big acts come to our meager community. :D

Bish

Posted : 31/07/2007 5:16 pm
(@bgdaddy316)
Reputable Member

Wow. Those are some pretty big acts. Our dinky little fair had Terri Clark and that was it.

Posted : 31/07/2007 6:59 pm
(@voidious)
Estimable Member

Congrats, Bish!

Bummer about not having a couple weeks off, though... ;)

-- Voidious

Posted : 31/07/2007 8:09 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Congrats, Bish!

Thanks!!!!
Bummer about not having a couple weeks off, though... ;)

That's okay, now, tho. I have a new drumset to pay for. :( :D

Bish

Posted : 31/07/2007 8:48 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

That sounds like either one of the most terrifying or one of the must incredible experiences ever; or maybe a bit of both. I can hardly wait to hear the details.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 31/07/2007 10:11 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Congrats Bish! AKA Mr. Arena Rock! (or country :lol: ) Best of luck, I know you'll be great.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 01/08/2007 12:37 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats Bish! I know you'll do great! 8) Now don't forget, we need a detailed report, pics, and vids if possible. :D 8) Hey, remember the "helmet cam"?! :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/08/2007 1:59 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Congrats Bish! I know you'll do great! 8) Now don't forget, we need a detailed report, pics, and vids if possible. :D 8) Hey, remember the "helmet cam"?! :lol:

Dan

Hey, you and Kathy are only 3 hours away. I expect you both here with cameras and note pads! :twisted:

Bish

Posted : 01/08/2007 2:18 am
(@tommy-guns)
Honorable Member

Wow, 15k-20k people !!!! Thats awesome. Hopefully this is just the start of something for you guys.

Ambition is the path to success...persistence is the vehicle you arrive in!!!

Posted : 01/08/2007 5:54 pm
Page 1 / 2