Down South? (U.S.)

130 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
38.8 K Views
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Well... i'm in texas.. havent met many texans on here... but maybe there's a possibility of a seminar down south somewhere?

Andrew Delaney & The Horse You Rode In On ---> http://www.myspace.com/andrewdelaney

You can and should buy my album "Scoundrels!" in mp3 format on amazon.com or iTunes etc...

Posted : 08/11/2004 1:09 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Now you've met another Texan! I had a conversation with Pet the other day and it turns out we're about 75-80 miles apart. I live in Weatherford, 30 miles west of FW. Nice to meetcha! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 08/11/2004 2:16 pm
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Cool... nice to meet you too.. How many more of us do we need to lure one of the GN gurus down this way?

-marv

Andrew Delaney & The Horse You Rode In On ---> http://www.myspace.com/andrewdelaney

You can and should buy my album "Scoundrels!" in mp3 format on amazon.com or iTunes etc...

Posted : 08/11/2004 5:25 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hahah - Well if you have a seminar in Texas maybe I'll have an excuse to come back, purely for the seminars of course......... :wink:

I could even try and get my buddy Twisty from Illinois and the recently deceased VicLewis to come along......

Wonder how much it would cost a dead guy??

Posted : 08/11/2004 5:37 pm
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

You could probably ship him as baggage. Or carryon if you cut him up first.

-marv

Posted : 08/11/2004 5:39 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well if he ended up anything like my guitar I wouldn't need to cut him up...

I miss Texas :(

Posted : 08/11/2004 5:41 pm
(@scratchmonkey)
Honorable Member

... but maybe there's a possibility of a seminar down south somewhere?
Like ... South California?

-- Scratch 8)

-- Scratch 8)

"...if heartaches were commercials, we'd all be on TV" -- John Prine

Posted : 08/11/2004 7:36 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Well, then, come on! Y'all could be the UK contingent for the North Texas GN seminar! :D

Sorry, scratchmonkey! You'll have to come to Texas, too!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 08/11/2004 11:22 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hahaha - Marv knows I'd be there like a shot.

Posted : 09/11/2004 2:01 am
(@marvelousoptimist)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

So it would seem that Pet, Vic Lewis and TwistedFingers all have plans to be in this general area at some point in February... So maybe we could get something going around then?

-marv

Posted : 12/11/2004 8:19 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Definitely count me in! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 12/11/2004 9:43 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Well, then, come on! Y'all could be the UK contingent for the North Texas GN seminar! :D

Sorry, scratchmonkey! You'll have to come to Texas, too!

Heeheh I forgot how funny it is to actually hear "Y'all" spoken out loud.

So does anyone mind if I bring some minions of mine to Texas for this seminar?? - LOL.

It does indeed look like Twisted Fingers, VicLewis and myself may be heading to Texas at some point in Febuary, I'm trying to get GazUK, DaveC and my friend Ashley to come along from the uk, a couple of musician friends of mine from New York are on about coming down too, plus a few guitar playing Texans.

I spoke to Nick tonight he said he would come if he didnt have to play guitar and involved beer and partying............. He also said he would run the idea past DHodge when he goes to jamm with him.

Maybe we could get a little seminar going

Posted : 13/11/2004 1:57 am
(@grego)
Eminent Member

I am not far from ya EB, I am up in Mckinney.

I would be most interested in any seminar that these guys brought through the area.

Posted : 16/11/2004 5:34 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ok after much bribery and corruption Nick will be joining us folks in Texas *YAY Nick!*

Posted : 16/11/2004 8:10 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

We have the makings of a seminar - all we need is a venue, any ideas or suggestions??

Posted : 17/11/2004 12:58 pm
Page 1 / 9