Clear all

Drama Queen has left the building

58 Posts
27 Users
0 Likes
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Okay, maybe I can't make a proper soup. Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste.

Posted : 02/08/2007 9:39 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Okay, maybe I can't make a proper soup. Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste.

You have my sympathy...
:)

Don

Posted : 02/08/2007 9:42 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

But whats the nature of your game :?

(Kieth Richards playing guitar in the back ground) :P

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 02/08/2007 11:18 pm
(@sleutelbose-evil-twin)

Ha!

I am the only true Sleutelbos.

Beware of imitations. :twisted:

Posted : 02/08/2007 11:23 pm
(@sleutelbose-evil-twin)

Oops.... :oops:

That was easier than I thought.

Stay calm folks, it's just another evil forum member testing out a theory... :roll:

Posted : 02/08/2007 11:26 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Ha!

Stay calm folks, it's just another evil forum member testing out a theory... :roll:

Ok...now you've lost me....newbie...:wink:

Don

Posted : 02/08/2007 11:45 pm
(@sleutelbose-evil-twin)

Ha!

Ok...now you've lost me....

Explanation:

I'm not the guy previously known Arjen/Sleutelbos/Ignar - and earlier than that, somebody called Promed, or similar name... I'm actually better known here by another name. 8)

But I've been wondering about making a small change to my own log in name. One of the things that I wondered about was whether my old name could then be used by somebody else - either accidentally or deliberately. So, as his name was now 'free' I just became Sleutelbos, 'borrowed' his avatar and posted. No evil intent, and I won't be posting fake advice or taking it any further. But I now know that if I change my name the old one will become free again... It was just a test, and a friendly dig at Arjen's habit of changing his name. :wink:

X
(Not actually the real Sleutelbos. Honestly...)

Posted : 03/08/2007 12:03 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

So now we're all wondering who X is.....

Confused? You will be!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 03/08/2007 12:34 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

So now we're all wondering who X is.....

Confused? You will be!

Vic

Hmmm... double bluff??? :P

I had you, Hilch (another great name changer) and Ric on my list of suspects - along with just about everybody else here. :wink: I don't suppose it matters really. The name thing is interesting though. I would have thought that once a name had been used it was out of action, but I guess when an account just has a name change, then the old name becomes available again?

And Ignar/Arjen didn't apparently disappear until the 9th either, so I'm still confused about that too. But then that's par for the course with me these days anyway... :roll:

Hope all's going well with Arjen anyway.

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 03/08/2007 1:22 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

No double or even single bluff - not me, honest! Funny, Chris, because I had YOU down as a suspect....the post is quite well written and grammatically correct.....

Vic

(which is probably how I'd have signed my post even if I WAS trying to disguise myself......)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 03/08/2007 1:45 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

T'ain't me.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 03/08/2007 1:52 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

And Ignar/Arjen didn't apparently disappear until the 9th either

I didn't dissapear, I moved. The reason for posting this tread was not to say I was gone but I was gone from my gear, so those people I promised to do stuff for have to wait a bit. This includes some songs by individuals here as well as the GN 'album' project. Just felt it was easier to make one big post about it then send PMs all over the place, which would probably have ended in me forgetting someone or other. Luckily I have internet here so I can still pester and annoy the nice folks here.

Anyway, yeah, 'stealing' IDs is perfectly possible I guess. Then again it hardly matters. If the message makes sense who cares if it's by 'Vic' 'Richochet' or 'Chris'? Just forget that the mods can see your IP adress so it's fairly easy for them to see who's faking what. :D
Hope all's going well with Arjen anyway.
I'm doing fine, right now I'm more concerned about those around me. Weird times and it's already certain not all will be well in the end but whatever can be changed seems to be going in the right direction.

Posted : 03/08/2007 4:25 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

And Ignar/Arjen didn't apparently disappear until the 9th either

I didn't dissapear, I moved. The reason for posting this tread was not to say I was gone but I was gone from my gear, so those people I promised to do stuff for have to wait a bit. This includes some songs by individuals here as well as the GN 'album' project. Just felt it was easier to make one big post about it then send PMs all over the place, which would probably have ended in me forgetting someone or other. Luckily I have internet here so I can still pester and annoy the nice folks here.

Got it now, thanks for the explanation. I was a little worried about what was going on for you there, but it makes sense now. I'd only understood half the equation, and not the bit about needing to move, so some of my imaginings were way off the mark. Bummer all round though. :(

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 03/08/2007 5:59 am
(@sleutelbose-evil-twin)

Anyway, yeah, 'stealing' IDs is perfectly possible I guess. Then again it hardly matters. If the message makes sense who cares if it's by 'Vic' 'Richochet' or 'Chris'? Just forget that the mods can see your IP adress so it's fairly easy for them to see who's faking what. :D

This is the final post by the Evil Twin. Thanks for taking it in good spirit. :wink:

I expect one of the mods might drive a stake through the Evil Twin's heart shortly anyway. But it was interesting to find out how the forum software works. And I now know how easy it was for you to change your own name, so I might rejig mine.

Posted : 03/08/2007 6:09 am
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

the mods can see your IP adress so it's fairly easy for them to see who's faking what. :D

True enough in this case I imagine. :) If they could be bothered cross checking. But it's actually easy enough to change your IP address if you should want to for any reason. I've had several different ones since I've been a member here.

The first change was when I changed ISPs (service providers). The next was when the current ISP had some sort of equipment failure and once the temporary outage was fixed they had assigned new IP addresses. And the most recent I changed myself, to fix a fault with the previous address. I was having a problem whereby I could receive email but not send it. The emails appeared to send normally and were actually saved in the Sent folder, but never arrived. Took me a couple of weeks to realise what was happening, as I don't use email much. :(

I checked everything at this end and ruled out a fault on my computer(s), so it had to be further down the chain somewhere. The first ISP support guy I spoke to was totally baffled. Fortunately the second one had the bright idea that it might just be a faulty IP address and, sure enough, when I changed it everything worked again. :D Before that I didn't know that you could change it, let alone how to, but he talked me through the procedure and I did it all from this end. Another piece of marginally useless knowledge cluttering up my last few braincells... :roll:

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 03/08/2007 8:06 am
Page 3 / 4